Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Passat 206TSI R-Line

Users Country Flag

New Passat 206TSI R-Line

Confirmed for Australia... Bringing me back to VW Watercooled after a number of years away from the forum (and the brand), including a period in Europe where I was fortunate enough to have a C63 AMG. My last VW was a MY10 Passat R36.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the new 206TSI R-Line. More power, more torque, both available lower in the rev range, more fuel efficient and marginally fast. BRING IT ON! And that new instrumentation screen looks so sexy!

Mine will be a white wagon (I have a Great Dane), fully optioned.

I was considering the 132 TSI Comfortline fully optioned but that's changed now.
    Last edited by Rocket36; 07-09-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Agreed! I stopped popping back to the forum after my 2011 GTI was about 6 months old. I'm back because we'll probably be getting a 206TSI wagon (one of the silver colours probably)... and I was hoping for some more information etc. I'm just reserving the final decision until I've driven it, as I was hoping to read some reviews online, but I'm struggling to find a good one.
    Now - MY17 Passat 206TSI Wagon - Tungsten Silver | Sunroof

Previous - MY11.5 GTI 5Dr - Reflex Silver | DSG | ACC | Sat Nav | RVC | Bluetooth | MDI | 18" Detroits | Park Assist | Bi-Xenon's | Leather | Sunroof | R-Tails

Users Country Flag
    From the links/photos I've seen, it doesn't appear to look that much different to a regular Passat (which is a bit disappointing).

Has anyone stumbled across any sales material that provides a more detailed overview of the kit/options?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I would agree with that. In fact it looks like it's just the current 132 TSI Comfortline with R-Line pack, but packing the 2.0 engine.

Users Country Flag
    The 132 TSI Comfortline is a great car and has got enough power for normal use.So I doubt whether there will be enough buyers for the 206!

Janko, I think you'll be surprised. Yes the 206tsi will likely be niche like R36 but that'll make it more of a desirable option for those able or wanting to extend to it above a 132tsi. For the numbers coming it'll sell well I'm sure.
    Last edited by Riker; 10-09-2016 at 10:59 PM.
    * MY12 B7 Passat V6 4-motion Highline wagon....
    * Sport pack (Kansas wheels) - Active cruise City EB - Driver Assist Vis pack - Auto tailgate - Candy White with dark tint.

Users Country Flag
    When you say 'for the numbers coming' - is there a limited run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    Yes the 206tsi will likely be niche like R36 but that'll make it more of a desirable option for those able or wanting to extend to it above a 132tsi.
    There were lot of differences between Passat and R36.With Passat having stepped up with B8 the differences have narrowed down a lot.That is why I am wondering if it will hit the required numbers.

Has anyone done the pros and cons of the 206tsi against a top spec Tiguan 162tsi?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    Has anyone done the pros and cons of the 206tsi against a top spec Tiguan 162tsi?
    Pro - It's a car not an SUV. lol

For me, that's where the comparison stops.

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast