Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778

Thread: New Passat 206TSI R-Line

Users Country Flag

Hi Paxton.

As with many VAG products recently, I'd suggest heavy oil consumption or the DSG are of most concern for long term ownership. And either can be a lottery regardless of use (or abuse).

The EA888 donk is a good thing but a tune can either release those hidden horses or shorten engine/drive-train life, depending on your point of view.

Some plastic trim gremlins can appear (squeaks, fizzes and cracks), and some bodies are built better than others (I recently drove a dealer Passat loaner which creaked more than an old house).

Otherwise they are good vehicles, bordering on premium Euro IMO. So if it sounds tight, runs smooth and has a good service record, you should be right. Good luck.
    VW Passat MY19 206TSI Wagon

Users Country Flag

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am fairly late to this thread.

I am looking at replacing my 147 Jetta with a 206TSI. I have driven a couple, and am mighty impressed - the Passat has come a long way, and compared to my ageing Jetta, is it a proper luxury car.

How have these held up? Many of the early vehicles will be coming to the end of their warranty period, and before I bite the bullet and purchase one, I would like to know if there is anything to look out for.
    -------------------------------

I have owned a 2017 R206 Passat for 3.5 years (68,000km) and am very happy with it. The Stage 1 tune and DSG tune make it go from very good to superb! It is as sporty and quick as a Golf R (I had a stage 2+ Golf R previously and the R206 is just as nimble and fast). It is more economical than my old Golf R but with far more room and nice ride quality.

I had to replace a leaking water pump just before the warranty expired but apart from that have had no issues. Love the car and would find it hard to replace with anything but another one. It performs well (0-100 3.6secs) and is very comfortable with a high level of equipment and tech.

It is similar to a Mere C200 but much cheaper to buy and run.
    Bockey
    2023 Tiguan R Driver

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGolfR View Post
    It performs well (0-100 3.6secs)
    That is very optimistic timing equipment.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGolfR View Post
    -------------------------------

I have owned a 2017 R206 Passat for 3.5 years (68,000km) and am very happy with it. The Stage 1 tune and DSG tune make it go from very good to superb! It is as sporty and quick as a Golf R (I had a stage 2+ Golf R previously and the R206 is just as nimble and fast). It is more economical than my old Golf R but with far more room and nice ride quality.

I had to replace a leaking water pump just before the warranty expired but apart from that have had no issues. Love the car and would find it hard to replace with anything but another one. It performs well (0-100 3.6secs) and is very comfortable with a high level of equipment and tech.

It is similar to a Mere C200 but much cheaper to buy and run.
    How is it similar to a Mercedes-Benz C200?
    0-100km/h in 3.6sec... which Stage 1 / DSG tune did you go with, I must know about this miracle...
    Was your previous Golf R a MK6 or MK7?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    That is very optimistic timing equipment.
    Add a second and it might be closer to the truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey guys, not sure if its been covered yet or not but has anyone got a tv tuner working on their passat or what’s required or if possible?

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778