Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New Passat 206TSI R-Line

Quote Originally Posted by Fridgie877 View Post
    Hey guys, great to finaly be apart of the thread i have been wathcing closely .

When you say "everything is an option on the tiguan, where as the 206 comes with everything included" does that mean that the 206 has the DAP already included?
    Do we have an option for multimedia screens like the uk or is the 206 and tiguan r line already equiped with the discover nav pro?
    i know the 206 has the discover pro (as my 132 comfortline has it and it's well down the range). Can't confirm tiguan as i know nothing about them.
    9N3 Polo GTI - 91 MkII GTI - 16 B8 Passat 132tsi Comfortline
    Past - 14 MkVII GTI, 9n3 Polo GTI, Mk5 Golf GTI, Mk6 Golf 77tsi, Mk6 Golf 90tsi, Mk2 Golf GTI, Mk3 Golf VR6.
    Wanted: Mk1 GTI white or black

Is this basically a Passat with Golf R running gear ? Or is it more comparable to a Superb in terms of size/weight/handling etc. Subbed ..

Hmmm .. just jumped on carsales and size wise:

Superb > Passat R36 (for comparison) > Octavia Mk2 >> Golf R ...

Guess I answered my own question that the Passat will be more of a sporty tourer than anything.
    Last edited by Tuan; 22-09-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    And a sporty tourer is EXACTLY what I want.

Users Country Flag

New Passat 206TSI R-Line

Tuan, from my understanding you're right on both counts.

It's the GTI engine and Golf R drivetrain.

And given the Skoda Superb is essentially the same platform as the Passat, a R drivetrain in Passat platform is a Passat 206TSI.

You could go drive a Skoda Superb 206TSI tomorrow and you'd have a pretty good idea of how the Passat 206TSI would drive.

In fact, one could argue you could save a few bucks and just buy the Skoda (just throw away the horrible looking front seats)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SMOKEY; 23-09-2016 at 03:23 PM.

I would love to have the Golf R running gear on a sportier shaped car - Golf hatch doesn't do it for me. And the Passat and Superb are both too big for my liking.

Will test drive both cars anyway .. LOL.
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag
    Maybe I'd suggest a CLA45 shooting brake? It's a big jump in price though - $90k.

Otherwise maybe the Tiguan 162TSI is a better fit for you? Not traditionally sporty shaped, but they look pretty sharp with the R-line pack.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Maybe I'd suggest a CLA45 shooting brake? It's a big jump in price though - $90k.

Otherwise maybe the Tiguan 162TSI is a better fit for you? Not traditionally sporty shaped, but they look pretty sharp with the R-line pack.

Ah .. the 'Taurus' looking CLA45 is already on the wishlist, absolutely!

A mate has the GLA45 and it's nuts.
    RS
    R

And no, not the shooting brake .. can't do it.. hurts my eyes
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag
    Damn, I hope they're not that much! It would make a lot of sense to try keep them sub 64k to avoid LCT......

Those prices on carsales are driveaway prices though, so there's a few k of dealer delivery, stamp duty and rego costs..
    I am placing an order in Monday morning for wagon. Midnight Blue with Panoramic sunroof. I did some hard negotiation and got a good price. Delivery Nov - Dec

The prices on CarSales are without the roof. With the roof and tow bar list price about 72k I got it for less...

Cant Wait !!!!!!

Users Country Flag

Tuan, from my understanding you're right on both counts.

It's the GTI engine and Golf R drivetrain.

And given the Skoda Superb is essentially the same platform as the Passat, a R drivetrain in Passat platform is a Passat 206TSI.

You could go drive a Skoda Superb 206TSI tomorrow and you'd have a pretty good idea of how the Passat 206TSI would drive.

In fact, one could argue you could save a few bucks and just buy the Skoda (just throw away the horrible looking front seats)

Are you sure its the GTI engine, not the R engine?

If its the Mk7 GTI engine will it be as tuneable as the GTI, stock exhaust, intake, injectors etc. the same? Anyone know..

Have always wanted a sedan Golf R and always wondered why VW did do this earlier..

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast