Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: New Passat 206TSI R-Line

Going to the dealer later in the week to check one out. I was really curious about whether it had a sporty note or not. Thanks for clearing that up.

Would love to hear what you think of the lighting (dynamic headlights etc.) as I wont get a chance to test drive one at night.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    Going to the dealer later in the week to check one out. I was really curious about whether it had a sporty note or not. Thanks for clearing that up.

Would love to hear what you think of the lighting (dynamic headlights etc.) as I wont get a chance to test drive one at night.
    Funny you should ask! I'm just back from my first night drive.

I borrowed a 140TDI Highline over a weekend before we ordered, so I had the opportunity to drive it at night as well. When I returned it, I only had two complaints with it (so much so, given the price difference, we briefly contemplated getting the TDI)... the audio (see one of my previous forum posts about it... which as you'll have read in this thread earlier, seems to no longer be an issue!) and the lights. They are bright, sharp and the active system is good. It also has the static cornering lights which light your corners almost 90 degrees... a fantastic feature.

The problem with the lights was they were set too low. As with the old Bi-Xenon lights, there is a distinct point where the lights stop (as opposed to the older style halogen lights, which just start to dim away from the main beam). That cut off point seemed to be a bit low (I measured it between 50-80m, depending on if you were accelerating (as the car's nose would rise up during accelerating). I was reading somewhere they were speed dependant... but in this case, they didn't seem to be. Even at 80km/hr, you're traveling at 22m/sec. It gives you about 3 seconds view down the road. Not much reaction time on a dark night. Animals, pot holes etc...

I did a quick google search prior to returning it, I was so worried... which seemed to show I wasn't the only one with the issue (mostly UK drivers).

I spoke with the dealership service team, who said they can fix it. There's apparently a 'grub screw' which allows a small amount of manual adjustment. it would only need a small number of degrees up to be fixed.

So... this is the long way around to say yes, my car also seems to be a bit short... but I will just drop it in and get it adjusted.

I should also probably mention, the high beams are great!!!

Ohhh - completely off topic, but I'd recommend anyone with the pano. roof... get it tinted. I did and it's great! I'm planning to use some of the ultra-thin insulation i used on our house (it's called Kingspan air-cell) to fit between the glass and the blind if it's really too hot over summer. I imagine it will fit (it's less than 8mm thick from memory) and has an R-Value around R1.5 from memory. Coupled with the tint, it should see off the heat on the 40 degree days!
    Now - MY17 Passat 206TSI Wagon - Tungsten Silver | Sunroof

Previous - MY11.5 GTI 5Dr - Reflex Silver | DSG | ACC | Sat Nav | RVC | Bluetooth | MDI | 18" Detroits | Park Assist | Bi-Xenon's | Leather | Sunroof | R-Tails

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    The headlight adjustment is something you should be able to do (up or down). I did back in the days of my old R36.

They're still self levelling, but it's an adjustment for the overall housing of the lights. They are conservatively set that's for sure.

Nerd question...

Is the interior ambient LED multi colour (changeable) or fixed?
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    The headlight adjustment is something you should be able to do (up or down). I did back in the days of my old R36.

They're still self levelling, but it's an adjustment for the overall housing of the lights. They are conservatively set that's for sure.
    I'm not exactly the most handy bloke... so I'll probably get the workshop to do it, but good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    Nerd question...

Is the interior ambient LED multi colour (changeable) or fixed?
    It's fixed (whiteish). It's in the doors and the footwell. The only adjustment is the brightness. The Skoda has multi-coloured lighting... which also extends to the dash (not on the VW).

Previous - MY11.5 GTI 5Dr - Reflex Silver | DSG | ACC | Sat Nav | RVC | Bluetooth | MDI | 18" Detroits | Park Assist | Bi-Xenon's | Leather | Sunroof | R-Tails

The mid spec Mondeo I had with my last job had colour changing interior lights which sounds cool until the kids work it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I hired some sort of mid size GM in the US 2 years ago with led colours youbcouod control from the head unit.
    Might have been a Malibu.
    The effect was extremely naff.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    I was playing with the system in the new E-Class Merc. a few weeks ago. It's a similar design / idea to the systems above and was mega awesome. I love the idea... especially as I have multi-coloured LED strip lighting all throughout my house. However... all things considered, I'll take the active info display over the coloured lights any day!

As with all things in life... you can't have it all!

Users Country Flag
    A few extra photos... the digital dash is such a cool feature!

New Passat 206TSI R-Line-img_1640-jpg

New Passat 206TSI R-Line-img_1688-jpg

New Passat 206TSI R-Line-img_2081-jpg

New Passat 206TSI R-Line-img_2080-jpg

Hi folks, I'm new here, and wasn't able to find these answers in the thread. I spotted one of these at my work car park. I couldn't find out who owns it, so came here for some questions...

- what's the interior storage like, particularly the centre console, and is there a place for glasses?

- I'm assuming it has electronic park break, where is the switch located? (Bloody Subaru is next to the seat warmers...)

Well done all those folks in their new rides, certainly has the potential to turn heads.

Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast