Thread: Need advice on Passat 132 TSI 2018

Users Country Flag

Need advice on Passat 132 TSI 2018

Hi all,

I am the new owner of an awesome VW Passat 132TSI.
    1. It drives very well, but the interior needs a bit of touch up. I work with carbon fiber and was thinking I could do some interior small bits and pieces. What s the best place to get some parts from? Wreckers?

2. Power wise ...needs a bit of a push there. Was thinking changin the air filter, potentially chance the sound of the exhaust a little (not by much because I passed the loud exhaust stage)

3. Exterior might need a bit of a touch up. It is the R pack which makes it look quite ok. Any front lips out there? What is a good place to get them from?

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Hi hawk77vw

congrats on your purchase

2. unsure what is out there for the 132TSI, but I would have thought an ECU tune (flash or piggy back) will give you best gains for your $. Plenty of info out there on this, do your research and beware of issues with warranty and mechanical constraints.

3. yep I too love the R-Line kit. I know you can get aftermarket R-Line style front bars and matching DRLs (e.g. mars performance) but your looking at big $.

Good luck
    VW Passat MY19 206TSI Wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by XM640 View Post
    Hi hawk77vw

congrats on your purchase

2. unsure what is out there for the 132TSI, but I would have thought an ECU tune (flash or piggy back) will give you best gains for your $. Plenty of info out there on this, do your research and beware of issues with warranty and mechanical constraints.

3. yep I too love the R-Line kit. I know you can get aftermarket R-Line style front bars and matching DRLs (e.g. mars performance) but your looking at big $.

Good luck
    I think i am just gonig to chuck a new less restrictive air filter for now. Do we know what is the part number? Any recommendations? K&N , AEM?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk77vw View Post
    I think i am just gonig to chuck a new less restrictive air filter for now. Do we know what is the part number? Any recommendations? K&N , AEM?
    The OEM air filter flows quite well, I wouldn’t sacrifice more wear and tear for a different sound only.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    The OEM air filter flows quite well, I wouldn’t sacrifice more wear and tear for a different sound only.
    Could you please elaborate on "more wear and tear" bit?

Users Country Flag
    Could you please elaborate on "more wear and tear" bit?
    The manufacturers filter has guaranteed filtration performance unlike aftermarket filters.
    Last edited by Transporter; 24-12-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    The manufacturers filter has guaranteed filtration performance unlike aftermarket filters.
    Well, I think it really depends on the manufacturer really. According to their website, BMC has a special composition that ensures a high level of filtering efficiency with guaranteed containment of all impurities down to 7 microns, where paper filters generally only offer filtration of particles of 10 microns. I assume other reputable companies have the same kind of statements.

Users Country Flag
    Well, I think it really depends on the manufacturer really. According to their website, BMC has a special composition that ensures a high level of filtering efficiency with guaranteed containment of all impurities down to 7 microns, where paper filters generally only offer filtration of particles of 10 microns. I assume other reputable companies have the same kind of statements.
    Read Transporters Sig and threads, perhaps he does know a fair bit about VAG cars
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Read Transporters Sig and threads, perhaps he does know a fair bit about VAG cars
    Hence I am asking to elaborate! Maybe there is something I don't quite know.
    I understand the "keep it stock" bit, but paper dry/oiled cotton filters have been around for ages and no significant issues other than the guys that decided to go with a ton of oil on it, clogging the MAF sensor and causing engine failures.

I have been using various aftermarket filters in my cars (Eventuri, Works, BMC, K&N, etc) , with no issues whatsoever, so I was wondering if these cars would be a bit fussier than others.

Thanks for your help

MP