Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MY16 Cracking internal Door handle trims

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Passerati View Post
    Just make sure you raise the issue with them within the 3 year warranty period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got five years extended.

The car is one year old.

This car is great in majority. Minors can’t be bothered.

Every car manufacturer has problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at my handles and I've got the same issue. I can see it's cracking. It hasn't come apart yet, but I'm sure it will soon. I'll have to book it in at the dealer FML
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Just checked mine, and getting the same issue.

MY16 Cracking internal Door handle trims-20180816_152600-jpg

I felt it this morning when opening the door, and holding it from swinging to far. I've been pretty gentle with the car, I've had it for 12 months, bought from brand new, and only done 16,000 ks. The car doesn't even have any external scratches yet, just this. I'm sure that i'll have a scratch now I've said that.
    Mine - Mustang GT MY20 - Carbonised Grey - "Nicky"
    Hers - T-Roc 140 TSI Sport MY21 - Reveena Blue - "Rocky"
    Previous - Passat 206TSI MY17 - Night Blue

Users Country Flag
    So, first scratch in the Passat this morning at swimming. Small dent and scratch in passenger right hand door. Someone opened their door onto mine while we were inside. No note.

Fork you inconsiderate a'hole.

Quote Originally Posted by DR074 View Post
    Just checked mine, and getting the same issue.

MY16 Cracking internal Door handle trims-20180816_152600-jpg

I felt it this morning when opening the door, and holding it from swinging to far. I've been pretty gentle with the car, I've had it for 12 months, bought from brand new, and only done 16,000 ks. The car doesn't even have any external scratches yet, just this. I'm sure that i'll have a scratch now I've said that.
    Can you let us know how you get on with your warranty claim on this. The dealer experience in WA isn't the best so the more amunition I have the better.

TIA.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DR074 View Post
    So, first scratch in the Passat this morning at swimming. Small dent and scratch in passenger right hand door. Someone opened their door onto mine while we were inside. No note.

Fork you inconsiderate a'hole.
    Happened to ours within the first WEEKS of owning it. Front left quarter panel above the wheel right on the crease and took some paint too! DAMN IT! Why can't people just respect each other and teach their kids how to get in and out of cars? I remember learning to hold the door and make sure it didn't hit the other car when I was a kid.

Although I think ours must have been a shopping trolly.

The next week after than a truck going the other way took a chip out of the bonnet.

I'll get both fixed professionally when I have a spare $400 - $500!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    Can you let us know how you get on with your warranty claim on this. The dealer experience in WA isn't the best so the more amunition I have the better.

TIA.
    Roger Wilco

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    Happened to ours within the first WEEKS of owning it. Front left quarter panel above the wheel right on the crease and took some paint too! DAMN IT! Why can't people just respect each other and teach their kids how to get in and out of cars? I remember learning to hold the door and make sure it didn't hit the other car when I was a kid.

Although I think ours must have been a shopping trolly.

The next week after than a truck going the other way took a chip out of the bonnet.

I'll get both fixed professionally when I have a spare $400 - $500!
    Yeah, very annoying. Different times nowadays, would have copped the strap when we were kids.

I wish it had happened on the passenger side, that way I wouldn't see it every time I get in and out of the car.

I had exactly the same thing happen to mine, it was fixed under warranty no questions asked, it took a few days to get the part from Melbourne up to Sydney though.

Quote Originally Posted by 206Harvard View Post
    I had exactly the same thing happen to mine, it was fixed under warranty no questions asked, it took a few days to get the part from Melbourne up to Sydney though.
    Did the replace the entire door trim or just the plastic bits? The reason I ask is that I hit a kangaroo within the first few weeks of owning mine. Whilst everything was sorted/replaced with factory parts form an authorised repairer, the door trim on the left side was removed when they replaced the outer door skin, I am just hoping that they wont make me go back to my insurer or something for "damage to the door trim" (which of course it's not from the accident).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast