Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Map updates

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    I had a similar issue a while ago with the message "Error: no data available please insert a source with software or check the source". Turned out to be a download issue with the file not the SD card.
    My download missed some files so I retried another go, looked over the file size and numbers and noticed a slight difference.
    I now use a 3rd party download program as my internet speed is still trying to cope with Y2K.
    Will try again today then and re download on a different machine, i'll get back in a few hours.

cheers
    Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition My18

Didn't work again, I ordered a new SD card and will use a download manager next week and try again.

Thanks for the help guys.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Westy View Post
    Didn't work again, I ordered a new SD card and will use a download manager next week and try again.

Thanks for the help guys.
    Weird Have never had one fail from the VW site, The Skoda Site or the link regardless of the card used. I have a 50Mbs NBN fibre connection and it takes about 3 hours to download
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Weird Have never had one fail from the VW site, The Skoda Site or the link regardless of the card used. I have a 50Mbs NBN fibre connection and it takes about 3 hours to download
    I have used 2 different computers and have 50Mbs NBN as well so I'll change a few things and hope it works. It took 2 attempts last time to get it to work with a different SD card.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Westy View Post
    I have used 2 different computers and have 50Mbs NBN as well so I'll change a few things and hope it works. It took 2 attempts last time to get it to work with a different SD card.
    R u using Winzip or what I use WINRAR

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    R u using Winzip or what I use WINRAR
    7 zip that was on the VW site not sure if it is the culprit.

Users Country Flag
    My bad, i was ment to say updated my map*

hi all, my first post. Had finally managed to update the system after lots of tries. Sharing my experience and hope it would help people.
    From my experience, I used two different SD cards (class 10) of different brands (Sandisk and Lexar). It made no difference (both failed). I tried different formats (FAT32, exFAT and NTFS) using both Mac OS and Win 10, this made no difference (i.e. all failed). Tried WINRAR on Win 10 and RAR extractor on Mac, failed. Tried a USB, with all the above tricks, failed. Tried to access secret menu by holding Menu button on the unit, which allowed me to see folders and files, failed. Tried using either MIB1 or 2, failed. I was frustrated almost to the point of forking out $$$$ for a dealer, but sanity hadn't left me after weeks of ISO.

What worked was using 7-ZIP on window to extract the file directly onto a USB (FAT32 format). Copied 2 folders and txt file to the root folder. It worked flawlessly. Took about an hour to update.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by passatB8 View Post
    hi all, my first post. Had finally managed to update the system after lots of tries. Sharing my experience and hope it would help people.
    From my experience, I used two different SD cards (class 10) of different brands (Sandisk and Lexar). It made no difference (both failed). I tried different formats (FAT32, exFAT and NTFS) using both Mac OS and Win 10, this made no difference (i.e. all failed). Tried WINRAR on Win 10 and RAR extractor on Mac, failed. Tried a USB, with all the above tricks, failed. Tried to access secret menu by holding Menu button on the unit, which allowed me to see folders and files, failed. Tried using either MIB1 or 2, failed. I was frustrated almost to the point of forking out $$$$ for a dealer, but sanity hadn't left me after weeks of ISO.

What worked was using 7-ZIP on window to extract the file directly onto a USB (FAT32 format). Copied 2 folders and txt file to the root folder. It worked flawlessly. Took about an hour to update.
    Lot of effort and if using a MAC there's the problem straight up.

Have never had a problem Format the card in FAT 32 (ALWAYS) d/load map to HDD, extract using winRAR, copy whole folder to SD card bung it in the car and wait 40 mins and finished

Users Country Flag

There is a new map on the Skoda portal but you might need a valid VIN to download it it is Ver 88 but still has current from Nov 2019 but that one was 85

Installed and working

See this post for link to it courtesy Flipperdog

Maps update
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 19-06-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast