Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowering Springs with DCC

Users Country Flag

Lowering Springs with DCC

Has anyone lowered their Passat (with DCC) using either Eibach or H&R springs?
    If so wat r the part numbers?

Reason I ask is because I want to lower my Superb 20-30mm. It shares the same suspension components as the Passat B8.
    I can find plenty springs, but they are not compatible with vehicles fitted with self-leveling control, i.e. DCC.

Are they specific ones that are DCC compatible?

Or will there b no issues fitting lowering springs that are not DCC compatible?

Any advice is much appreciated
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    DCC is not self levelling. DCC is basically adjustable dampers. Could be a bunch of reasons why it’s listed as not compatible - from things like the spring being too short (spring can fall out under full extension), or maybe even the front strut requires special tooling to disassemble. Best bet would be to contact the spring manufacturer and ask them why...
    Cheers

Lowering Springs with DCC

Most lowering springs are compatible with DCC.

It’s the aftermarket shocks/coil overs that aren’t.

The DCC shocks have adjustable damping so if you want to keep this feature any replacement shocks also have to have this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tigger73; 01-10-2018 at 03:13 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Bear in mind that the 'Soft' setting will bring on sea-sickness a lot sooner than it normally does, as lowering springs are typically firmer. The 'Soft' setting in most cases with DCC has a bit of trouble controlling the oscillations of the standard springs as it is, in my experience.

You'll probably find yourself running it on the 'Hard' setting for the most part, as it could well ride like it's got blown shocks.

The springs will physically fit, as the only key difference with DCC shocks externally, is an electrical connector to control the internal valving.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Right now I use "Individual" drive mode 99% of the time, with the suspension set to "Sport".
    Normal is a tad too soft.
    Hence the idea is with firmer springs, I can have a firmer ride in Normal mode, and much firmer ride in Sport mode.

With regards to "self leveling" - wat I meant to say was that most of the springs states that they r not DCC friendly. Sounds like they not suited to DCC dampers.

From wat I've read, if I'm lowering no more that 30mm, the DCC dampers should b fine.

I've heard VWR springs r too firm/harsh with DCC.
    I've heard good things about H&R springs, but not in relation to DCC.
    I've heard good things about Eibach ProKit springs, with DCC, but on Golf GTi/Rs.
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 03-10-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Eibach Pro Kit are a variable rate spring and although they don't give quite as much drop as some other springs (e.g. H&R) they do seem to give a better ride.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Eibach Pro Kit are a variable rate spring and although they don't give quite as much drop as some other springs (e.g. H&R) they do seem to give a better ride.
    Thanks.
    I'm not after a big drop, just a slightly firmer ride.

I had a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs in my previous car which was an Octavia RS.
    Was happy with that.

I'll go down the same route with my Superb too

Users Country Flag
    i am looking at this. The Eibach 15mm is where i am heading. 30mm is too low. I believe you can recalibrate the DCC once fitted

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    Right now I use "Individual" drive mode 99% of the time, with the suspension set to "Sport".
    Normal is a tad too soft.
    Hence the idea is with firmer springs, I can have a firmer ride in Normal mode, and much firmer ride in Sport mode.

With regards to "self leveling" - wat I meant to say was that most of the springs states that they r not DCC friendly. Sounds like they not suited to DCC dampers.

From wat I've read, if I'm lowering no more that 30mm, the DCC dampers should b fine.

I've heard VWR springs r too firm/harsh with DCC.
    I've heard good things about H&R springs, but not in relation to DCC.
    I've heard good things about Eibach ProKit springs, with DCC, but on Golf GTi/Rs.
    Have you looked into this further?
    Here is some info on the VW Racingline Website; https://www.racingline.com/sport-spr...-96dej7NRLzgAw

Appears to be compatible with DCC.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

i've currently got my target locked on getting a set of Eibach ProKit springs, specifically - E10-85-042-02-22.
    they're designed for Passat (B8 ) and Superb (3V).
    front/rear = 35/30mm

about $500 from various ebay stores, delivered.

those RacingLine ones look promising too. how much would these set me back?
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast