Thread: Leather seats

Leather seats

Hi. I just purchased a Passat 2018 Comfortline 132. In regard to the leather seats, are they all real leather, fake or a mix of the two? Just wondering for maintenance, if I should use leather conditioner or not.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by magste View Post
    Hi. I just purchased a Passat 2018 Comfortline 132. In regard to the leather seats, are they all real leather, fake or a mix of the two? Just wondering for maintenance, if I should use leather conditioner or not.
    Black Vienna leather appointed seat upholstery# in the 132TSI Comfortline.
    #Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather.

Plenty of "off the shelf" products out there, just check out your local Supercheap / Repco store.
    However, I personally use a professional line of Cleaner & Conditioner for my clients vehicles (including my own), but yes a good Clean and Condition every now and then is going to do no harm whatsoever...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Thanks. Yes, always good to clean and protect them. I was just checking what to use on what parts of the seats, e.g it's kind of pointless to use lanolin and such on fake leather, but important to use it on the real leather parts. Are the seat and backrest areas real leather and the sides and seatbacks fake?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by magste View Post
    Thanks. Yes, always good to clean and protect them. I was just checking what to use on what parts of the seats, e.g it's kind of pointless to use lanolin and such on fake leather, but important to use it on the real leather parts. Are the seat and backrest areas real leather and the sides and seatbacks fake?
    The face of the seats are leather.

I would be cautious of using Lanolin (and more so its by products).
    But if you are comfortable to do so, then each to their own...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag

I used Meguires leather cleaner and dressing on my Passat. Havent had to do the TIg yet and black seats against cream in the old one so wont show the dirt so much
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan