Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intake for 206TSi

Users Country Flag

Intake for 206TSi

Just wondering what the current intake of choice is out there for a 206? I've been looking at the R600, performance is obviously a factor but I'm also after some induction noise. Am I going to notice an increase with the R600? Opinions seem mixed from the reading I've done. I had an E46 M3 with a CSL intake a few years back (best sound on the planet), I realise I'll never get anything close to that but an increase would be good.
    I've seen them on Ebay for around $800 delivered on Ebay from the UK, is there anywhere in Aus to get close to that? Today I was quoted $1,750 fitted, $1,650 unfitted by a local tuner here in Perth, absolutely flippin' ludicrous.

Any help or info greatly appreciated.
    MY18 Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon - White
    2005 E46 M3 - LeMans Blue

Users Country Flag
    You can buy them locally for under $1k.

Racingline R600 Cold Air Intake (Cotton Filter)- GTI/R, S3, VRS - Harding Performance

There is a cheaper option with a foam air filter but they leak oil, are messy and fall apart so you are better off buying the one with the cotton filter which is washable and can be reused.

You will also want the silicone intake pipe and metal inlet pipe which connects to the turbo.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for that Lucas, I've sent them an inquiry to get it in for me. I'll find the other parts elsewhere, may as well do the whole lot at once.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kook View Post
    Thanks for that Lucas, I've sent them an inquiry to get it in for me. I'll find the other parts elsewhere, may as well do the whole lot at once.
    No worries. It wont sound as nice as a M3 Beemer on full song, but they sound ok.

Harding also sell the silicone intake pipe and the metal turbo inlet I was talking about, but there are other brands available which offer the same thing.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    No worries. It wont sound as nice as a M3 Beemer on full song, but they sound ok.
    Harding also sell the silicone intake pipe and the metal turbo inlet I was talking about, but there are other brands available which offer the same thing.
    I went from the standard enclosed box on my M3 to the full open intake from the CSL version, the difference was amazing and so addictive. £5K GBP and worth every cent.
    Thanks again Lucas, I'll give them a call and get them to bundle the whole lot together.

Intake for 206TSi-image008a-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Im in love with that intake setup on your M3. Looks amazing and can only imagine how those 6 throttle bodies sounded at 7,000rpm. Such a great looking engine too. Looks like an intake you would see on a touring car or something.

I would love to own an E46 M3 at some stage, but with the proper manual and not the automated manual which most of them seem to be. I recently sold my Lexus IS-F, and while no M3, the induction sound on that V8 was amazing too.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

IS-F's sound extremely damn wicked, I've heard them before at full WOT.

That intake came with the CSL version of the M3, they only made 1,300 of them. I couldn't afford the extra for a full CSL car at the time and finding an OEM CSL intake for sale is very rare. After about a year one came up in the UK for sale so I bought it. Also has a full Supersprint exhaust. I'm now looking at Supersprint for the Passat, such sweet exhaust systems.
    Here's my car in the pic below and here's a clip of one (not my car but same setup), at full song.

Intake for 206TSi-image003-jpg

BMW M3 CSL Acceleration LOUD Carbon Airbox - YouTube

Users Country Flag
    Great noise and lovely car you have. A well kept E46 still looks modern and elegant. They are ageing really well.

I didnt realise the CSL was that rare - in that case its quite lucky you managed to find the intake.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kook View Post
    IS-F's sound extremely damn wicked, I've heard them before at full WOT.

That intake came with the CSL version of the M3, they only made 1,300 of them. I couldn't afford the extra for a full CSL car at the time and finding an OEM CSL intake for sale is very rare. After about a year one came up in the UK for sale so I bought it. Also has a full Supersprint exhaust. I'm now looking at Supersprint for the Passat, such sweet exhaust systems.
    Here's my car in the pic below and here's a clip of one (not my car but same setup), at full song.

Intake for 206TSi-image003-jpg

BMW M3 CSL Acceleration LOUD Carbon Airbox - YouTube
    Love the M3!!!
    Here is a link to the Supersprint Exhaust; https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/su...ith-valve.aspx
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Great noise and lovely car you have. A well kept E46 still looks modern and elegant. They are ageing really well. I didnt realise the CSL was that rare - in that case its quite lucky you managed to find the intake.
    From memory I think they only sold 20 CSL's in Australia. Such a weapon of a car. I bought quite a lot of OEM CSL parts and put them on my car. CSL bootlid, rear diffuser, front apron, intake, steering wheel etc. That intake changes the whole car, turns it into an animal. That was one very good unboxing...

Intake for 206TSi-image009_a-jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast