Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intake for 206TSi

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Love the M3!!!
    Here is a link to the Supersprint Exhaust; https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/su...ith-valve.aspx
    Yeah I'd had a quick look at their site thanks. Good to see nothings changed with their pricing, man they're f**king expensive. Best exhausts around IMO but the prices have always been jaw dropping. I'll no doubt end up unable to resist again...
    MY18 Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon - White
    2005 E46 M3 - LeMans Blue

Users Country Flag
    Kook, I'm also interested in getting the r600 intake. Have you contacted HP yet? Wonder if there is discount if we combine purchase. Maybe save on shipping? Which tuner would you get to do the installation?

Quote Originally Posted by rookie123 View Post
    Kook, I'm also interested in getting the r600 intake. Have you contacted HP yet? Wonder if there is discount if we combine purchase. Maybe save on shipping? Which tuner would you get to do the installation?
    I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet, I'm having 'what to buy first' confusion as I'm also looking at exhausts. I emailed HP just now querying a discount for two. I've also emailed Elite Euro in Wangara who are also dealers. The other option is buying from the UK which is where they're built. Eurocare here in Perth have them in stock but want twice the price of everyone else.

I'm probably going to do the whole lot at once, intake, hose, turbo inlet, muffler delete. I'll do install myself.

Racingline R600 Intake System Package - Cotton Filter only!! - Harding Performance

I'll let you know when I get a reply, I imagine a lot of places have shut up shop for all of Easter.

Users Country Flag
    Ok, will sit tight and wait for your update.
    I'm considering to go Stage 1 and DSG tune as well. Is it an easy install for the intake system? I'm no technical person.. So will probably have to get it installed by a garage.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kook View Post
    I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet, I'm having 'what to buy first' confusion....
    I've just gone through the intake exercise myself and found this guy's work worth a good read - Best Turbo Inlet Pipe Faceoff - MQB Engine Options | My Golf Mk7 GTI

I ended up doing turbo inlet pipe, "snowguard" and blanking plate mods to the factory intake and the hose pipe. I bought a Kyostar silicon hose from eBay and put the factory pipe back on. The Kyostar was so flexible I think it contracted under acceleration & I put the stock one back on and throttle response improved. I have a new reinforced silicon pipe coming this week hopefully. I don't have any more induction noise but the car certainly accelerates better.

The link above also looks at the turbo muffler delete - he measures no flow improvement.
    Last edited by mivarpet; 05-04-2021 at 12:09 PM.

I've been reading through the same guys site for the last few days, plenty of good info there for sure.
    I did remove the snowguard, there's never been snow where I am. I was going to start modifying the factory front intake cutting out the right hand side but thought if I'm getting an intake what's the point. I'll be doing the intake, hose & inlet pipe all at the same time. R600 intake obviously, still just working out the hose & inlet.

Users Country Flag
    I've been reading through the same guys site for the last few days, plenty of good info there for sure.
    I did remove the snowguard, there's never been snow where I am.
    - me neither - I'm in Perth too

When I went to mod my OEM intake my right hand side was already open through to the airbox. The car was 100% stock when I got it so I doubt it was modified. Unless I missed the bit to cut out?
    MY17 Passat 206TSI R-Line Sedan

Users Country Flag
    Yay! another Perth Passat 206 R line owner.. quite rare where I am.. I think I have only seen one/two other White Passat R-Line Wagons in my suburb..
    MY17 Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon

This shows you how to do it. Just undo the 2 torx bolts on top and you'll know soon enough whether it's been done or not

Cutting my Car! MK7 Golf R Intake Mod Complete - Netcruzer CARS - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by mivarpet View Post
    - me neither - I'm in Perth too

When I went to mod my OEM intake my right hand side was already open through to the airbox. The car was 100% stock when I got it so I doubt it was modified. Unless I missed the bit to cut out?

Users Country Flag

This shows you how to do it. Just undo the 2 torx bolts on top and you'll know soon enough whether it's been done or not
    Thanks for the link - turns out mine was not modified, but thanks to a multi-tool, drill, files and knife that's no longer the case
    MY17 Passat 206TSI R-Line Sedan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast