Thread: Got P023400 error

Users Country Flag

Got P023400 error

The other day I overtook some cars in the passing lane by putting my foot hard down and a few minutes later I get an error on my adaptive cruise control and the car started to slow down as the accelerator stopped working. I stopped on the side of the road and stopped the car then restarted it and the car was back to normal.

I did a scan via obdeleven and got two P023400 errors that are practically at the same time

I have a 2016 BiTDI 2.0 Passat

What things do I need to look at?
    Last edited by Sloanie; 12-07-2022 at 06:00 PM.

Users Country Flag
    That's a turbo overboost error, no doubt triggered from your full throttle overtake a few minutes prior. The 2.0bitdi's are quite complicated and crammed into the Passat's so unless you know what you are doing, you might want to leave this one to a mechanic to look into. The biturbo engines have so many sensors its insane. Its likely they will need to hook up their scan tool and read values from a range of different pressure sensors and the MAP sensors etc to see which one is playing up.

If your lucky, it may just be a one-off, and you could clear the errors and keep driving. But if the error comes back soon after then its obviously going to need attention.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    It's only happened once before, just under a year ago. Since then and up to now I have done heaps of overtaking maneuvers with no issues.

Users Country Flag
    Id take a screenshot of the error(s) for future reference, clear them and keep driving. The error may not come back again for another year, who knows.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Id take a screenshot of the error(s) for future reference, clear them and keep driving. The error may not come back again for another year, who knows.
    I had the same problem. passat b8 biTdi, same symptoms, when I step on the gas, the epc light comes on and it loses power. diagnostics shows two errors P023400. help if you solved the problem

If I remember correctly it was the turbo actuator that was sticking and was a $40 fix all up, thank goodness

Thank you. I solved the problem. It was the turbo actuator that was stuck. Do you still drive this Passat? How satisfied are you?

Yeah I still drive it and I'm still satisfied with it although I would like it to have more power.