Thread: Glovebox damage

Users Country Flag

Glovebox damage

Hi

Friend of mine got second hand car and he found this on glovebox. Dealer (non vw) couldn't do anything about it. Do you have suggestions how is possible to clean it
    Sorry for bad picture... basically white mark on black glovebox.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Looks like a white grease sprayed into the lock, if the all purpose cleaner the dealer used has not worked (if they even bothered) than I would suggest steaming it clean first to see how you go.
    If you don't have a steamer than a cup of very hot water and a toothbrush to scrub it should have some affect.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Looks like a white grease sprayed into the lock, if the all purpose cleaner the dealer used has not worked (if they even bothered) than I would suggest steaming it clean first to see how you go.
    If you don't have a steamer than a cup of very hot water and a toothbrush to scrub it should have some affect.
    Thanks, I will pass to him message.Glovebox damage

2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Your suggestion worked like charm. All clean. Took 20 min with steamer but at end everything gone. Happy driver Glovebox damageGlovebox damageGlovebox damage