Thread: Eco mode and Personalising sometimes not remembering their set state

Users Country Flag

Eco mode and Personalising sometimes not remembering their set state

ECO MODE
    Eco mode doesn't seem to be remembered when you stop and exit the car and start again later on. The car resets to Normal mode.

The fact that Eco mode has been selected in the past IS remembered (it is shown as selected on the screen), but I have to touch Eco, it flashes briefly, and then I'm actually in Eco.

Are modes not reinstated when you start up?

Personalisation
    I selected Driver 1 (under Personalisation), renamed it, but it is not always being shown when I switch on the ignition. Occasionally it comes up as "Guest" on the instrument cluster.

Why? I assumed it might be because I touched one of the switches near the gear stick while driving: Mode, auto/stop start, Park brake, or Auto Hold. I've tried varying combinations of touching those switches, but nothing has nailed why Guest sometimes appears when first turning on.

Any suggestions?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I've sorted out the Personalisation problem. My 2018 Passat came with three keys, and while I was testing things they were being used interchangeably. Silly me. The car knows what key unlocks the door, and brings up whichever user is associated with that key.

Assigning keys to the relevant user fixes that problem.

That still leaves the car not remembering Eco mode.

Users Country Flag

Ah, good catch there Guy regarding the different keys!