Thread: DCC slider adjustment mod

Users Country Flag

DCC slider adjustment mod

I stumbled upon this mod over on the briskoda forums and thought it looked like a nice little tweak for the DCC in my Passat:

DCC Slider adjustment option mod - Page 2 - Skoda Superb Mk III - BRISKODA

With the help, skills and patience of kamold, my MY18 Passat 206TSI has now been updated as per the pics below.

There's more info on the general process via the link above, although the MY18 Passat did not require an upgraded gateway and thus was a little less complicated (although still well above my level of knowledge!)

I can confirm that the extra two 'notches' above and below the standard 'sport' and 'comfort' settings do exactly what you'd expect - noticeably stiffer and softer respectively. The extra tweakability in between the standard three damping settings is also welcomed.

The car also feels a bit more settled and better damped in general. I suspect this might be attributed to the later model Passat software.

Colour me impressed and very happy!

DCC slider adjustment mod-310498955_10166453958920705_1677658570397493702_n-jpg

DCC slider adjustment mod-310284022_10166453959325705_1664142696386779447_n-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Very nice Looks like the interface on my MY18 Arteon:

DCC slider adjustment mod-20221012_134703-jpg

I'm currently interested in this little SCU upgrade that APR are offering: APR SUS00020 APR Suspension Control Unit (SCU) Upgrade - MQB - VW Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC)

APR claim that "The factory controller only operates in a "soft" or "stiff" state with no behavior in-between, despite the incredible capability of the factory electronic shocks"

Also posted in the Arteon forum here: APR Suspension Control Unit (SCU)
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    It's essentially 'borrowing' the config of the Arteon and shoe-horning it into any other car with the same DCC hardware.
    That APR controller I get the feeling though would be a step backwards for cars with only 3 settings, as it doesn't expose the controls required in the gateway FPA profiles.
    You'd really need to do an apples to apples comparison in a car with and without the full range controls.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Can this be done on a 7.5 GTI with DCC as well?
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag
    Any MQB car with DCC yes.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Yes, I see in that link there is another link for Golf's, I will have to read up on it.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Very nice Looks like the interface on my MY18 Arteon:

DCC slider adjustment mod-20221012_134703-jpg

I'm currently interested in this little SCU upgrade that APR are offering: APR SUS00020 APR Suspension Control Unit (SCU) Upgrade - MQB - VW Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC)

APR claim that "The factory controller only operates in a "soft" or "stiff" state with no behavior in-between, despite the incredible capability of the factory electronic shocks"

Also posted in the Arteon forum here: APR Suspension Control Unit (SCU)
    Yeah, I saw that pop up!

I'd love to see more technical detail or comparison data for this mysterious black box.

I must admit I'm a bit confused about what they mean by "the factory controller factory controller only operates in a "soft" or "stiff" state with no behavior in-between"

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post

I must admit I'm a bit confused about what they mean by "the factory controller factory controller only operates in a "soft" or "stiff" state with no behavior in-between"
    Some commentary over on the golfmk7 forums:

"While I don't doubt factory DCC tuning could be changed and/or improved, the first post suggests that factory DCC is a simple soft/medium/stiff setting. That's not at all the case. Factory DCC makes use of several inputs as well (level sensors and accelerometers, to name just two). It's also tuned (via the dataset) for different platforms and even for variants of that platform (Golf R vs GTI, for example). Again, not saying this product doesn't improve things, but it should be advertised on what it does, not on what it is being suggested the factory system does not do.

If one orders this do you get a different software set depending on the car? When I added to my cart it didn't ask me what my car was. Fitment guide says the unit works on an e-Golf with DCC as well as a GTI with DCC. There can be a 400lb weight difference in the weight of those cars. Is this unit tuned for that? I don't know if you can get the e-Golf with DCC so I guess a better comparison is GTI vs Golf R with a weight difference of about 300lbs, distributed differently."

and APR's reply:

"That's pretty much the case. The factory unit is extremely basic and doesn't take advantage of the shocks at all. A new controller was needed, and when properly tuned, they are quite amazing."

APR Suspension Control Unit (SCU) Upgrades are Here! | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum
    Last edited by petemac110; 13-10-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Sounds like a no go from me.