Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Light Assist

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    I didn't quite catch the thread if there was definite answer.

But! My 2 good friends just acquired this function in their cars. First car is 2015 Passat B8 with module 55, where we did Driver Assist Camera retrofit and second is 2018 Arteon with camera from factory, but no DLA, module 4B.

On both cars it was possible to activate DLA options just with coding/adaption. Both car owners complained that DLA doesn't work like their previous car DLA worked(Passat B7 and CC respectively).

I loaded VCP and both module datasets included option for DLA. Also headlight start pattern changed to check the DLA functionality.

B8:

Arteon:

So per our testing, parameters are a MUST!
    Did you get an error after uploading those perimeters to the Arteon? I get a Light error left and right front turn signal error and AFS error

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SdvolksArteon View Post
    Did you get an error after uploading those perimeters to the Arteon? I get a Light error left and right front turn signal error and AFS error
    i had the same Passat B8 parameters successfully loaded to my Superb's 4B module, and it cleared all the Light Assist errors i was getting (after retrofitting SLA/DLA headlights).
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    i had the same Passat B8 parameters successfully loaded to my Superb's 4B module, and it cleared all the Light Assist errors i was getting (after retrofitting SLA/DLA headlights).
    Did you you load all three Parameters? And was it the passat_b8_7p6907357c.zdc file?
    Last edited by SdvolksArteon; 06-01-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SdvolksArteon View Post
    Did you you load all three Parameters? And was it the passat_b8_7p6907357c.zdc file?
    No, only the "AFS_MDF" parameter file was loaded.
    My car already had normal AFS.

kamold, a forum member here, loaded the file for me. He has access to VCP and ODIS tools, which is required to load the parameter file.

Users Country Flag
    I'm not sure i'd bother with this to be honest. Mine came with it from the factory and if i had a penny for everytime i got flashed i'd be rich! It can be slow to react or it doesn't do a great job of masking. Useless to be honest in the B8 Passat.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky 32 View Post
    I'm not sure i'd bother with this to be honest. Mine came with it from the factory and if i had a penny for everytime i got flashed i'd be rich! It can be slow to react or it doesn't do a great job of masking. Useless to be honest in the B8 Passat.
    Given the Superb shares the same Passat B8 parameter file, I'm surprised.

Maybe ur camera needs recalibration.

I've driven many many hundreds of kms with SLA (aka DLA) on windy roads, as well as highways/freeways and its been pretty good at reacting/masking to oncoming traffic.
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 19-02-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    Given the Superb shares the same Passat B8 parameter file, I'm surprised.

Maybe ur camera needs recalibration.

I've driven many many hundreds of kms with SLA (aka DLA) on windy roads, as well as highways/freeways and its been pretty good at reacting/masking to oncoming traffic.
    I can confirm the DLA works well on my Passat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    The Passat’s LED lights are brighter than the Superbs xenons. Hence you might not get flashed as much.
    Last edited by Micky 32; 24-02-2020 at 03:08 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky 32 View Post
    The Passat’s LED lights are brighter than the Superbs xenons. Hence you might not get flashed as much.
    Bhahaha....that's a funny!!
    LED or Xenon, doesn't matter - it will dazzle an oncoming driver the same.

Yes, the LED "performs better" than Xenons, no doubt, but if the DLA is not masking correctly, or quickly, then u'll get flashed.

Users Country Flag

Unfortunately the DLA on the Passat in some cases doesn’t mask correctly or quick enough at times.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast