Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Light Assist

Users Country Flag

If masking means the big gap of light in the middle when the lights sweep out, then no.

They definitely dip beam when approaching oncoming traffic though.
    Mine - Mustang GT MY20 - Carbonised Grey - "Nicky"
    Hers - T-Roc 140 TSI Sport MY21 - Reveena Blue - "Rocky"
    Previous - Passat 206TSI MY17 - Night Blue

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    But can you see the masking in the middle?
    My 2009 car with AFS does the sweeps.
    But it cannot mask like that.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    I can't code the CE module in VCDS, it's all done through adaptations.

Also, I can't see bit 6 on Byte 4 on the 55 - (headlight range) module either.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DR074 View Post
    If masking means the big gap of light in the middle when the lights sweep out, then no.

That's HBA high beam assist.
    Not DLA.
    You need the parameter set applied to your headlight range module.

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

That sounds like you've enabled HBA to me.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post

You will need to just manually change the bit.
    Counting from right to left where the right hand side is bit 0 (if using vcds)

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Ok, cool. That's what I was after.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post

Sorry bit of confusion with similar terms..
    By masking I mean the dark spot which is being created on the centre of the beam pattern on startup.
    The BCM has no coding, it's all masked as zeros.
    All behaviour is controlled through adaptation channels.

Ok, yeah, looks like we can only get HBA to work without Kamold's parameters, and even then, we might not have the right headlights.

Kamold, I'll try and get under my bonnet tomorrow and note down the part codes of the physical headlight. It may help you work out which ones are high and which ones are not.

Users Country Flag
    Just checked, definitely no light gap.

Sorry boys for the run around, just trying help. I've got so much cool stuff out of these forums. Thought I better try give back.

Just checked, definitely no light gap.

Sorry boys for the run around, just trying help. I've got so much cool stuff out of these forums. Thought I better try give back.
    This is all brand new to me as I don't have a new Passat.
    So your assistance has helped clarify the situation further

Thus far it looks like the Aus delivered LED Passats are all category 3 requiring parameter upload to complete the puzzle (if you count 2 from 2 as anything like a significant sample size lol).

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast