Thread: DPF, EGR and ADBLUE removal - experiences

Users Country Flag

DPF, EGR and ADBLUE removal - experiences

Hi all,

I'm looking to do the DPF, EGR and ADBLUE removal from the ECU as I'm getting a DEF Adblue error.

I've called a few tuners in Sydney willing to do it however all have rather varying prices and methods. Methods being that some say you only do the software where as others mention the need to remove the hardware.

Has anyone else done this tune, and if so, could you comment one what you did exactly and how the car has run afterwards?

TIA.

Users Country Flag
    If you are going the whole hog (EGR, DPF and the AdBlue) then this will no doubt add some cost and complexity over what we were talking about in your other thread a few weeks ago (which was just the AdBlue).

If you are coding out the EGR and DPF then normal practice is to block the EGR with a blanking plate and either removing the DPF altogether and replacing it with a piece of pipe, or removing the insides of the DPF which removes the restriction but still allows it to look like you have the DPF in place.

If you are going to turn off the cars DPF regeneration procedure you arent going to want the DPF still in place as it will fill up with soot and block and then you will have a serious restriction in your exhaust after a few thousand km's of driving.

Just FYI removal of the DPF and EGR (and probably the AdBlue too) is illegal as it will increase the amount of emissions the car produces and spits out the exhaust pipe. Just be aware of this before you proceed.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks for letting me know Lucas. I did not know it was illegal.

I have found a tuner that can do the software side but he advised that as there is a leak somewhere, there is a chance of the adblue that's left in the tank to crystalised due to the chance of oxygen getting in. He advised that I should drain it.

Does anyone know if that is an easy task to do? I can't seem to find any videos online