Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead Battery at 2.5 years

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
    How often is is used 25%, 50%, 75% of the time ?

I always turn mine off currently, but am considering using it all the time just to try to score a battery within the 3 year warranty period LOL.
    Turn the S/S system off and additionally also use the battery charger every 3months to fully charge your battery and the same battery should last you well beyond 6 years.

I get mad when I don’t get at least 6 years out of my batteries, the last one in T5 lasted almost 10 years and it was still starting (in ideal weather) when I replaced it.
    Last edited by Transporter; 17-09-2019 at 12:30 PM.

I must say I rarely turn my S/S off - only in hot weather when I want to keep the AC running. That's probably why the battery died in such short period. Thinking about it, the environment impact of producing and disposing such battery would most likely outweigh any benefit from a stop-start system.

I can't tell if the new battery fitted is AGM or not... it doesn't say on the top. But it's definitely looks different and has a slightly higher cranking amp output than the original one. I think it's come with its own 3 year warranty.

The whole experience with the VW assist (provided by allianze) was quite good and I'm glad the battery is fully covered under the new car warranty with no question asked.

Users Country Flag
    less than 25%.

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Users Country Flag
    I’m surprised your Passats didn’t come from the factory with a AGM, mine did ( February 2017)

In 2017 a lot of VAG cars were fitted with a bad batch of Moll EFB batteries, most failed.

My fathers 2007 Passat is still on it’s original battery!

Users Country Flag
    The battery died on my Passat 132 TSI Comfortline today (11 Jan 2020; 26,000 km). The build date for the car was April 2017 and registered in Aug 2017. The battery I had was a Sebang. I called out VW Assist and had the battery replaced under warranty (3 year warranty) within the hour. The battery they gave me was a Delkor LN3 70 EFB, which retails for $319. Just adding to the info here. Apparently I need to contact the dealer to get the electricals reset.
    Last edited by blackgrade; 11-01-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Users Country Flag
    My AGM in my 2011 Passat lasted 5 years and lasted being left in garage for 7 weeks in 2012 ( Started on return) and 9 weeks in 2014 (Gasped and gave up. I used a Ctek on it and it lasted 2 more years but gradually died as I only used it about twice a month.

Replaced it with a factory AGM ($416) and was still OK in March when I sold it. I never turned S/S off but learned how to keep motor running at lights with brakes on

Tig has got an EFB so I will put a few $ away as I dont expect it to last as well as an AGM
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    My factory installed AGM is still kicking on after 11 years.
    AGM FTW
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    My factory AGM is also cranking along in my R36 after 9.5 years...

Users Country Flag
    I have noticed on most cold mornings first start that my heated steering wheel switches itself on after i crank the engine. I guess a sign my battery is dying due to low voltage glitch? Car is 3 years old with a Varta AGM. 140k.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Micky 32 View Post
    I have noticed on most cold mornings first start that my heated steering wheel switches itself on after i crank the engine. I guess a sign my battery is dying due to low voltage glitch? Car is 3 years old with a Varta AGM. 140k.
    Lol dont need heated anything here where yesterday steering wheel was too hot to touch after sitting for an hour in 37C sun
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast