Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp Alltrack 2.0

Camp Alltrack 2.0 - WATERPUMP FAILURE

So with the OG camp Alltrack written off, it’s time for the redux.

Below is the Link to my old B7 thread for reference. I’m looking to go down a similar path with the B8.

First thing will be to check the old 16” wheels with AT tyres are ok to fit.
    The current gen Alltrack only have down to 17” wheels. The spare in the B7 was a 16” so I got away with using that size alloy as a match to the smallest OEM size available.

B7 used a 225/45/18
    B8 uses a 245/45/18

Previous owner had fitted 245/45r18 100w Kuhmo ecsta 4xii M+S only 4000km ago whicha re in very good shape so I won’t be rushing out to replace them just yet with the 16” ATs

In the interim I’m looking at getting this kit from the USA to lift the Passat 1”. The BES (Bearded elevation system) designed for the Golf Alltrack. The B7 Passat wasn’t compatible but the B8 is MQB platform so this is a pretty nifty setup to get some height. Around $650 shipped from the creator in Pennsylvania.

B7 Allterrain Vehicle - Camp Alltrack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Foxpuppet; 30-03-2021 at 11:06 AM.

Camp Alltrack 2.0

Thinking about these wheels

But in 18” size so the current M&S rated tyres fitted on the OEM rims can be reused (they are almost new rubber) there’s a nice clean set available locally second hand.

FYI I’ve found an interesting site that you can purchase used rims from Japan at a pretty low price (not sure what shipping would cost though)

Completely non off road pic

Is this skid plate a standard dealer part? It’s a nice thick rubber.

I don’t think so

Really keen to see how this lift kit goes. A mild lift is really all the Alltrack is missing.

We took ours through some fire trails, power line trails and other fun places over the break (almost on the beach too until all the lifted LandCruisers on 35in tyres carved up the lead in trails too much to even make it out to the beach). We have 235/60R16 all terrain tyres on Tiguan rims such work really well but still managed to scratch up the bumpers. That lift kit would have made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Alesgutja View Post
    Really keen to see how this lift kit goes. A mild lift is really all the Alltrack is missing.

We took ours through some fire trails, power line trails and other fun places over the break (almost on the beach too until all the lifted LandCruisers on 35in tyres carved up the lead in trails too much to even make it out to the beach). We have 235/60R16 all terrain tyres on Tiguan rims such work really well but still managed to scratch up the bumpers. That lift kit would have made all the difference.
    Is this on a B8 Alltrack? Any issues with brake clearance on the 16” rims? I still have my 215/65/16 combo ready to put on.

No issues at all on B8. The Tiguan rims have more offset too, so coupled with the 235 tyres gives a pretty chunky look.

One thing I realised though is that while the tyres should technically give 3% over on the speedo, with such a big side wall the speedo reads between 3% under (i.e. 100 on the dial is actually 97 km/h) and exactly 100 km/h depending on tyre pressures. LT rated tyres might have less squish in the sidewall...

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    Completely non off road pic

Nice! I’m in the market for one of these at the moment - how do you find it? If you’re willing to share what you paid I’d love to chat over DM

Look forward to seeing what you do with it. I love what you did with your B7!

Which Tiguan 16" rims did you get?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast