Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Camp Alltrack 2.0

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    Is this on a B8 Alltrack? Any issues with brake clearance on the 16” rims? I still have my 215/65/16 combo ready to put on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
    Has anyone tried 215/65r16 on passat alltrack B8 ?
    I found this forum while google'ing whether they fit or cause trouble . I live in Europe and I already bought 16" wheels. I am in between getting 215/60r16 or 215/65r16 winter tyres.

PS. I've got the 2.0TSI 162Kw model , and 16" rim is a tight fit .

Users Country Flag

215/65r16

The answer to my own question.

215/65r16 is fine. Rims are VW passat B5 originals 16x7. Tyres Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 SUV, basically studded winter tyres.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camp Alltrack 2.0-20191122_120037resize-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by peetsyo View Post
    The answer to my own question.

215/65r16 is fine. Rims are VW passat B5 originals 16x7. Tyres Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 SUV, basically studded winter tyres.
    Nice, now I’ll have to check if my own set fit the new car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Alesgutja View Post
    I think they are called San Francisco. These ones:
    Attachment 42778
    This mag wheel looks good as I would like to fit 4WD tyres to them as I don't have to worry about bumps or small potholes on the road.

Insurance could be another thing as they could knock back the claim for incorrect tyres.

Just been in a while ago for 75K Service, now at 78K we had the solid engine light come on. I was thinking the EGR system as thats what pops up in my T5.1 however we have been advised by local VW service that it's the waterpump failing. Is that unusual with such low KM for it's age?

Users Country Flag
    Just been in a while ago for 75K Service, now at 78K we had the solid engine light come on. I was thinking the EGR system as thats what pops up in my T5.1 however we have been advised by local VW service that it's the water pump failing. Is that unusual with such low KM for it's age?
    Yes, they change the water pump at 75k or 90k regardless if it is faulty or not.

For Japanese cars, we only change it when it is faulty, for Euro cars change it as a prevention that it might break down.

Quote Originally Posted by online12793 View Post
    Yes, they change the water pump at 75k or 90k regardless if it is faulty or not.

For Japanese cars, we only change it when it is faulty, for Euro cars change it as a prevention that it might break down.
    Is it strange they didn't mention doing it at the 75k service if it's a scheduled item to replace?

Users Country Flag
    Is it strange they didn't mention doing it at the 75k service if it's a scheduled item to replace?
    Then it must be 90k then as they asked me to change it at 5 dock VW but I said no and I went to Castle Hill and the service guy Abhi said that my car is still under warranty so don't change it till it breaks the warranty will pay for it. My car is an MY18 Alltrack Diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by online12793 View Post
    Then it must be 90k then as they asked me to change it at 5 dock VW but I said no and I went to Castle Hill and the service guy Abhi said that my car is still under warranty so don't change it till it breaks the warranty will pay for it. My car is an MY18 Alltrack Diesel.
    Ours is a MY17 and warranty has expired as of Feb last year. before it expired we had the car in and checked over for anything that might have been amiss but it was only on around 60k at that stage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast