Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you use auto hold ?

Do you use auto hold ?

I recently bought an MY16 passat alltrack. For the first few weeks i had auto hold on. I assumed maybe you needed it with the dsg on any sort of hill. Lately i have turned it off and find the car a much better drive. The auto start kicks in now when i take my foot off the brake. With autohold on i had to step on the gas to start the engine and realease auto hold and it made moving off much more jerky and slow to respond. Just wondering if others find the same thing. Maybe the auto hold was not great in MY16 but is better now? With autohold off i don't mind the stop start and am enjoying the car much more. Also wondering if you ever really need the auto hold. I find i can start on quite steep hills without any big rollback.
    Passat Alltrack MY16

Users Country Flag
    Yes, I use Auto Hold now I have adjusted it via VCDS.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Quote Originally Posted by curly747 View Post
    I recently bought an MY16 passat alltrack. For the first few weeks i had auto hold on. I assumed maybe you needed it with the dsg on any sort of hill. Lately i have turned it off and find the car a much better drive. The auto start kicks in now when i take my foot off the brake. With autohold on i had to step on the gas to start the engine and realease auto hold and it made moving off much more jerky and slow to respond. Just wondering if others find the same thing. Maybe the auto hold was not great in MY16 but is better now? With autohold off i don't mind the stop start and am enjoying the car much more. Also wondering if you ever really need the auto hold. I find i can start on quite steep hills without any big rollback.
    Why do you have to manually release auto hold?

Auto Hold doesn't work well in conjunction with stop start because it won't restart until you put your foot on the throttle at which point if you do it too hard, auto hold will come off before the drive train takes up the slack and then it's just a jerky mess.

I found that with Stop Start enabled, Auto Hold was better left off. The car will restart the second you start letting off on the brake pedal. With stop/start disabled Auto Hold works well. I have my stop start off permanently because it's the biggest load of crap and have my auto hold on all the time. I couldn't live without it.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Personally I have no problem with autohold activated re-starting either with the foot or the steering wheel button (if acc activated) but prefer the wheel button.

Users Country Flag
    I don't use either start/stop i have permanently disabled with kufatech module and don't use hill hold find it annoying
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Why do you have to manually release auto hold?
    I don't need to manually release it. Sorry if it read that way. But you can feel the car releasing the brake and moving off is not very smooth. Especially when combined with stop/start.

Users Country Flag
    use vcds to disable start/stop, and change auto hold response to early

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Personally I have no problem with autohold activated re-starting either with the foot or the steering wheel button (if acc activated) but prefer the wheel button.
    What steering wheel button are you using to restart? I don't think i have found that one.
    Passat Alltrack MY16

If the vehicle is stopped by the ACC pressing the resume button will re-start the motor and if the car in front moves within 3 seconds you vehicle will follow it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast