Thread: Bits N peices

Users Country Flag

Question Bits N peices

Hi guys,Ive had my B8 wagon for 18 months now and I have worked out most of the gadgets.
    I still cant seem to work out how to use the fuel consumption bit.As you know every day the
    odo resets,and when I go into car -fuel it only shows L/P/k from that day.Its a diesel car.
    So in other words I cant get to see the total Ks per tank?I know its there but I cant see it.
    Im probably looking at it somewhere?? Any clues please would be very helpful. Thanks
    Steve

I’ve always just reset the trip odo each time I fill up

Users Country Flag
    check your manual see the time period the consumption is calculated on.

on B6 the past 2 hours of driving if my memory is right

yes, as above I do trip meter reset when fill up, to calculate the real comsumption
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryman1961 View Post
    Hi guys,Ive had my B8 wagon for 18 months now and I have worked out most of the gadgets.
    I still cant seem to work out how to use the fuel consumption bit.As you know every day the
    odo resets,and when I go into car -fuel it only shows L/P/k from that day.Its a diesel car.
    So in other words I cant get to see the total Ks per tank?I know its there but I cant see it.
    Im probably looking at it somewhere?? Any clues please would be very helpful. Thanks
    Not sure if the B8 is different to earlier generations but in all the VWs I've had over the past 12 years or so, there have been 2 trip computers, 1 resets itself after about 2 hours of the ignition being switched off, the other just accumulates until you reset it.

When you're looking at the fuel consumption reading, you should be able to see a small number "1", this means you are viewing the trip computer that automatically resets itself, pressing the "OK" button on the steering wheel toggles between the 2 trip computers. A long press of the "OK" button resets the trip computer that you have toggled to.

As I wrote, may not be the same in the B8 but I would be surprised if something similar does not exist. I reset both trip computers when I fill up.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for that,Ill try that next time,It only shows the trip odo on the dash,but in the screen
    bit on CAR it has a few different showings,I just cant get a overall.Ill play again.
    Steve

There's a 'Since Refuelling' screen that can be pulled up through the media unit. It's under 'Vehicle Status' if I remember correctly and displays information including total km's, km's remaining, avg consumption and avg speed.

Add the total km's and km's remaining (range) to get your theoretical km's per tank.

Then there's also an 'Overall' summary page, which from what I understand gives info since the counter was (manually) reset, independent to when the ODO/Trip counter was zeroed.