Thread: Best VW dealer in Sydney

Users Country Flag

Best VW dealer in Sydney

Hi,

Trying to find the best VW dealer in Sydney metro area as my local VW (McGrath) dealer is hopeless beyond belief!

have dealt with 3

Liverpool, Mascot and Sutherland

I would rate Liverpool and Mascot equal, Sutherland walked away, played games and low Customer service, judged me on what i wore i believe

Users Country Flag
    Not metro, Wakelings at Campbelltown get my vote. Friendly and knowledgeable, still use them even though I have to travel down from Lake Macquarie.

Same - Campbelltown
    2017 - VW Passat 206 TSI - R Line Wagon in white

Users Country Flag
    I bought two new cars this year from Bill Buckle on the Northern Beaches. I picked up a Limestone grey Highline Golf wagon with Drivers Assist & R-line pack for the missus and the Passat 206 in tungsten silver for myself.
    The purchasing process was pain free and easy with the salesman Carlos.
    Carlos sourced both cars for me and kept me updated all the time.
    They were also very accommodating in that I have to fit some driver assist aids to my cars so I was in and out taking measurements on their demo cars prior to mine arriving.

Users Country Flag

stay away from Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Adelbaran View Post
    Hi,

Trying to find the best VW dealer in Sydney metro area as my local VW (McGrath) dealer is hopeless beyond belief!
    I have purchased 5 Golfs from 4 dealers the worst was Mascot By Far. They are too busy and dont give a S..it about buyers.

I change over my Golfs every 12 to 18 months and the best was North Shore VW purchased a Golf STI in 2010 great service the car was delivered with a paint defect no problem no argument they gave me a loan car because I had traded in my MK2 GTI and it was on it's last legs. and replaced the car with a new car within 2 months delivered with a bow a full tank of petrol and a detailed run through of the cars features.

I just purchased the new Golf 7.5R delivery in november and it was a great deal with good service and back up.

Not the same for mascot when I purchased a 2014 Golf Performance it was a demo and was delivered dirty inside and out with an empty tank, I was given the a genuine key and a replacement key and on delivery it took almost 3 hours because they had to wash the car when I complained it was dirty so I was pushed out the door just before closing with no run threw of the car or having a good look at it because it was dark by the time I got to see it.
    it went back to them two more times because they did such a bad job removing dirt and marks from the interior.
    shopping around for the car I just purchased I visited them because they are the closest dealer and again found it a total waste of time they would not do any deal on the car. I wont be back again.

Another good dealer was the one in Mossvale where I purchased a 2015 Golf R great deal and service but just too far for me to go again selling this one now with just 12,000k for the new one.
    1993 Golf GTI MarkII|5door|Manual|Black|Auto sunroof|Sports Exhaust|Tint|
    2010 Golf VI STI|7SP DSG|Reflex silver|5 Door|Park Assist/Auto Park|ACC| 2014 Golf VII GTI Performance|6SP DSG|Night Blue Metallic|Driver Assistance pack|Vienna Leather|Tint. 2015 Golf R 6SP DSG, Sunroof, driver Assist, REVO stage1 programing. 2017 Golf R 7.5 MY18, DSG Driver Assist.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotRok View Post
    Not metro, Wakelings at Campbelltown get my vote. Friendly and knowledgeable, still use them even though I have to travel down from Lake Macquarie.
    Another vote for Campbelltown, Paul Wakelings are very good to deal with. Service is awesome. Had my first service done while I waited and they fed me cakes and coffee. Staff are very friendly. Sales team was a pleasure to deal with.

I'll post a vote for Fivedock VW although they are now at Leichhardt. My son bought a Polo from them too, same positive experience.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thank you all!

Users Country Flag

ive only had friendly and positive experiences from the whole VW BOTANY staff and service team.. when i originally went to wakeling at campbelltown the salesman was friendly but unknowledgable where he made himself look a bit silly.. and finance were sort of unfriendly and negative about the whole possibility of me purchasing a car i could easily afford . lol

then went to see what they can offer at BOTANY and they were a pleasure to deal with.. the whole interaction was positive. finance was positive about everything and sorted it out for me without a fuss when wakeling wanted x2 as much deposit and said even then it wasnt a certainty.. . BOTANY even held the car for me for a month while i got my cash deposit together because the exact car with the exact specs and colour i wanted was already on the lot when i went to enquire.. i took it on the spot........ talk about divine intervention !

all i can say is these guys strived to do everything for me ASAP.

some people give BOTANY VW a bad wrap because of the perception that they are too busy to care... but i see it that they give you all the time you need and dont really waste time fussing about and talking **** TRYING to sell you something.. they just do their job>>

but hey.. everyone is looking for a different consumer experience so i can see how some people get offended by a store being busy and them maybe not having too much time to spend on mingling.