Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best source for parts purchase online

Users Country Flag

Best source for parts purchase online

Hi Everybody!

I'm back after a long time, hope all of you are in your best!

Apologies if this question has been asked multiple times before: Which is the best online source for VW parts? ebay is definitely a great source but I noticed thought they are mentioned as "new" the prices vary a lot, which makes me doubt if some are counterfeit. Then we have the infamous Aliexpress, which also seems to have a great deal to offer, though I'm extremely sceptic about this source.

All suggestions welcome!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nibose View Post
    Hi Everybody!

I'm back after a long time, hope all of you are in your best!

Apologies if this question has been asked multiple times before: Which is the best online source for VW parts? ebay is definitely a great source but I noticed thought they are mentioned as "new" the prices vary a lot, which makes me doubt if some are counterfeit. Then we have the infamous Aliexpress, which also seems to have a great deal to offer, though I'm extremely sceptic about this source.

All suggestions welcome!
    Really depends what you want to buy. Service parts or accessories?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Really depends what you want to buy. Service parts or accessories?

Service parts

Users Country Flag
    Service parts
    vagparts.com.au or autoinstruct.com.au are my go-to supplies, depending upon who has the bits in stock. Good pricing and you avoid the ebay/aliexpress lottery regarding quality or counterfeits.

That said, it's important to note that VW actively produces various VW models (under different names - e.g. the B8 Passat is the "Magotan") so it stands to reason that some of the bits for sale are in fact genuine parts for the local Chinese market, but sold internationally at a low price. There are also a wide variety of genuine but Chinese made parts available for our cars (although to suit LHD, so some bits aren't interchangeable). As an example, I've ordered a replacement piano black HVAC control surround panel from Aliexpress which is a perfect fit and with VW markings, packaging, labelling etc. I guess it's a bit of a gamble though!

I was referring to components like control modules and other electronics, say, you wish to upgrade or install something for which you do require sensors, control modules etc.

Which would be the best source?

I did search vagparts but not many selection for electronics.

Users Country Flag
    I was referring to components like control modules and other electronics
    Ah sorry, I took 'service parts' to mean oil filters and the like.

As above, there's a lot of Chinese-market VW components for sale on aliexpress which are 'genuine' including control modules and electronics. However, I have no personal experience with them, nor am I across which parts are directly interchangeable or will require coding/programming to allow them to talk to your car. The seller will usually explain this in the listing if they have an understanding of the product they are selling (which is a good indicator in my view). "VW AG Store" is the seller that I've used in the past.

Users Country Flag
    I was referring to components like control modules and other electronics, say, you wish to upgrade or install something for which you do require sensors, control modules etc.
    Euro Car Performance upgrades - ECU remaps - Navigation - Bluetooth - Latest Australia GPS maps - Auto electrics in QLD has a pretty decent selection of electonic modules and retrofit options.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Guys I have to admit I recently brought parts from AliExpress - Online Shopping for Popular Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles and More products - AliExpress and regret it due to the spam.

The aliexpress part needed a lot of work to put it into service but I will post my experience and install in due course.

What about PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World and Volkswagen AG erWin Online

I have used both but years ago?

Cheers Al

Users Country Flag
    the internet

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    the internet
    The title of this post says "Online" which does mean internet, unless there is yet another internet that you'd want to enlighten me about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast