Thread: B8 “Lemon”

B8 “Lemon”

My Passat 132 tsi has spent 85 days at dealership having warranty repairs including boot door handle, thermostat and housing, water pump, front wheel bearing, oil cap, timing chain cover, seal and bolts, clutch pack, mechatronics, coil reader and a key replaced. It continuously uses coolant and has been pressure tested 6 times and no fault found. VW quotes a tolerance for coolant consumption of 500 ml per 1000 klms as permissible. Go figure possible top up of 7.5 litres between service interval. Now VW Australia are refusing to pay for any further testing as they state vehicle is operating within specification. Problem is only they think this is a reasonable specification. Other VW dealerships have refused to investigate given the problematic history of my vehicle. It’s a 2016 B8 132 tsi with 67000 klms on clock. All problems began around 30000 klms. I have now contacted VW head office in Germany to see if they will sort it. This is not the quality I expected

Users Country Flag
    Last edited by ian; 09-12-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Have a look at this......

Mixed response to Qld ‘lemon law’

but 2016 is a long time ago for replacement if that is what you are pursuing.

Users Country Flag
    I have a MY18.5 Alltrack and it has been in three times in 6 months fo various rattles and minor issues. Nothing as bad but i tell you what, the passat has **** quality compared to my Touareg which is 4 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Have a look at this......

Mixed response to Qld ‘lemon law’

but 2016 is a long time ago for replacement if that is what you are pursuing.

Depending on the circumstances it is still possible to get a replacement car. I bought a B7 Passat wagon in Oct 2014 and it spent 180 days in the workshop over a period of 3 years due to a persistent knocking sound coming from behind the dashboard. Finally, after owning the car for exactly 4 years, VW Australia replaced the car with a B8 Passat in Oct 2018.
    Passat Wagon / 132 TSi Comfortline / R-line package

Users Country Flag

tell me about it... I still have sunroof rattle after going to the dealer 8 times. Not to mention the warranty will soon expire in March. In the end they said pretty much it is a design flawed. Not sure what my options are in forcing the dealer/VW to rectify it?

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort