Thread: B8 Sunroof Leak & now overheating

Users Country Flag

B8 Sunroof Leak & now overheating

We have had our Alltrack for nearly two years and have been backwards and forwards trying to get VW Australia to repair the continued water leaks! They blame 'external forces' despite having the car serviced at the correct and required intervals by the authorised dealer network.

Rewind to Xmas and we also had the airconditioning fail after several hours of driving with excessive water coming out when coming to a stop

The car now displays overheating warning signs and therefore the car was stopped immediately

Someone on this forum also had there aircon stop working !

Is this a heater core problem?

Users Country Flag

Mine leaked from the day I bought my B8 Luxury pack, I bought mine from a dealer with 3000 ks on it,13 months old. Mine leaked when parked in driveway up hill, all into the back of the wagon. They fixed it....but it had all the headlining pulled out twice, as they needed parts.
    Sometimes on rare occaisons it leaks from the front now, if Im facing downhill and drive downhill then stop, the water drips out of the top centre console. I have to find out how to clean the drains in it, now its out of warranty My AC works fine and have not had problems with that.
    Steve