Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Audio Upgrade Options - Help!!!

Users Country Flag

Go for JL Audio speakers they are well worth the Money i had them in my ford laser the TR range. Now that my car is written off i'm am going to buy a passat but still in negotian stage with the dealer.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junky View Post
    I like the look of that spare mounted sub..... Do you have a link?
    Thats.an.Alpine.Type.S.sub!

Users Country Flag
    There's always the Dynaudio Esotec range (more affordable than Esotar).

An Esotec system is still more expensive than the (non-existent) Dynaudio factory option, but better quality. Expect to spend a few $K for front and rear component speakers + amp.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

I'm using an Alpine MRX Amp (5ch) with an Audison Bit 10 DRC. The amp is powering the factory speaker setup and a 12" Rockford P2 Sub. The factory speakers aren't too bad when they are Amped up and tuned for use with a sub. They'll certainly be upgraded at some point but they do the job for now, a major improvement over factory overall.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Could you provide more details on how it was fitted?
    ie. Is there a digital output from the existing head unit.
    Where did you place the digital processor and amp?
    How was the speaker wiring routed?
    Where did you access the high current power input for the amp?
    Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    I think you can code your RNS 510 to deliver low-level (RCA-level) outputs to an amp through the speaker outputs..

From memory, that was the case for my 2008 R36, where Dynaudio was an option (luckily mine came with all the right wiring and plugs for a plug-n-play retrofit)...

Being Brisbane-based, I'd recommend talking to JKU.com.au (at Maroochydore).
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Yep coding is well documented.
    5min job.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Any reputable installer in Sydney? Marty@FHRX is fully booked. Lifestyle store at Parramatta quoted me $800 to install and amp, subwoofer and front speakers (installation only without components). Not sure if it is a good price?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    Could you provide more details on how it was fitted?
    How was the speaker wiring routed?
    Where did you access the high current power input for the amp?
    Thanks
    I had someone do this install job, but know how they did it.
    - Power is from the battery (4 gauge power wire)
    - Plenty of earth points under the carpet
    - Amp is under the front passenger seat (fits perfectly)
    - Bit Ten is under the front passenger seat, just behind the amp
    - The Controller for the bit 10 is routed all the way to the compartment just beneath the headlight switch. It's rather neat.
    - Speakers are wired to the thingo in the glove box, I had them use adapters on everything, that way it's easy to uninstall if I want to.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rave75 View Post
    Any reputable installer in Sydney? Marty@FHRX is fully booked. Lifestyle store at Parramatta quoted me $800 to install and amp, subwoofer and front speakers (installation only without components). Not sure if it is a good price?
    My install job was $600 with me providing the gear except for the wiring kit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast