Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tuned their 206 tsi

Anyone tuned their 206 tsi

Hey all,

Car is out of warranty in a couple of months so thinking of getting a tune done.

I'm in Melbourne so looking to get some advice on who to go to and hear of any problems people might have had post upgrading.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by oebrad View Post
    Hey all,

Car is out of warranty in a couple of months so thinking of getting a tune done.

I'm in Melbourne so looking to get some advice on who to go to and hear of any problems people might have had post upgrading.

Cheers
    Always keep a copy of the original tune in email or on your computer just in case if the first tuner were to stuff up
    you can always flash it back to the original file that you got and start all over again.

Keen on finding out about any tuners anyone would recommend in Melbourne. I'm in a similar boat where my warranty will be running out in a couple of months.

I think a DSG and an ECU tune will address some of the off the line tardiness/delayed response.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Guys, look us up at Underground Performance in Cheltenham. Done plenty of 206s over the years. You don't get a copy of the stock file but we can flash back to stock very easily on site at any time.
    Gavin

I've been running a JB4 for about 8 months. Not bad if you just want a bit more out of it...

Anyone know if the performance display that's shows kw and boost updates to the new power numbers after a tune?

Users Country Flag
    I know I'm late to the party, here, but I'm running a Stage 2 Unitronic tune + Inlet, and Dump pipe in my 206tsi wagon. It makes the car so much more fun

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by oebrad View Post
    Anyone know if the performance display that's shows kw and boost updates to the new power numbers after a tune?
    Mine certainly didn't update (Unitronic stage 2) - also, now at idle, my on-screen boost gauge is reading 5.5PSI, and kW gauge reads 003

Users Country Flag

Anyone tuned their 206 tsi

Quote Originally Posted by ja22zz View Post
    Mine certainly didn't update (Unitronic stage 2) - also, now at idle, my on-screen boost gauge is reading 5.5PSI, and kW gauge reads 003
    Dont forget that the boost gauge is near useless because it doesnt compensate for atmospheric pressure (so you need to subtract 14.7 from what the gauge is telling you).

A stage 2 tune is probably making 20-22psi but im guessing the gauge must be showing 30+ psi on full throttle because of this reason?

At idle your engine should be in vacuum so the gauge should be showing something like -20.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

I'm looking to get mine tuned shortly aswell.. I'll be using Burnzy Tuned to do mine, who is based in Melbourne. Bit more of an underground tuner but he has done a fantastic job on previous cars of mine for half the price of the generic Apr type tunes.

Will make a trip down there in coming months, will update here once it's done

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast