Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aircon not cool

Users Country Flag

Aircon not cool

Hi anyone got the lowdown on changing the aircon to a tropical climate setting . Its just acceptable in comparision to my last drive a ford mondeo MB titanium which was litteraly a fridge in operation?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    What temp do you have it on?
    Do you have it set to "AUTO"?

I personally have it set on 21 degrees (Passat) / 22 degrees (Jetta) and is fine.

Mind you, I have driven (owned) many Japanese cars and they have icy cold A/C and generally a temp of even 24 degrees is too cold...

Interesting you are coming from an MB Titanium.

I have personally owned 3 MC Titanium's (TDCi and EcoBoost) as well 2 MD Titanium's (TDCi and EcoBoost) and I would say all were similar to the Passat and Jetta (and all the other VW's I have owned).

What I would suggest if you are unhappy is to go to the dealer and get them to check the Refrigerant Levels and ensure all is ok from a "Hardware" perspective before you mess around with the "Software"...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    What temp do you have it on?
    Do you have it set to "AUTO"?

I personally have it set on 21 degrees (Passat) / 22 degrees (Jetta) and is fine.

Mind you, I have driven (owned) many Japanese cars and they have icy cold A/C and generally a temp of even 24 degrees is too cold...

Interesting you are coming from an MB Titanium.

I have personally owned 3 MC Titanium's (TDCi and EcoBoost) as well 2 MD Titanium's (TDCi and EcoBoost) and I would say all were similar to the Passat and Jetta (and all the other VW's I have owned).

What I would suggest if you are unhappy is to go to the dealer and get them to check the Refrigerant Levels and ensure all is ok from a "Hardware" perspective before you mess around with the "Software"...
    My bad MD company car..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    My bad MD company car..lol

Auto 19.5 . Its all good if parked undercover but if out in the sun on 30c you have to put on max for like 10 minutes to make it comfy.

Auto 19.5 . Its all good if parked undercover but if out in the sun on 30c you have to put on max for like 10 minutes to make it comfy.

I would rate the Arty as 2 gens ahead of the Ford on all counts with exception too a few things which bar one have been fixed with obd2.
    Auto high beam mem and the like. Only o/s issue is the dub not reading out my sms messages & me being able to respond with a canned option.

Windows down to push hot air out first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    Windows down to push hot air out first?

And sunroof.

And sunroof.

Yep if you have one ☝️

I would rate the Arty as 2 gens ahead of the Ford on all counts with exception too a few things which bar one have been fixed with obd2.
    Auto high beam mem and the like. Only o/s issue is the dub not reading out my sms messages & me being able to respond with a canned option.

I think if you're using an Android phone, the MIB system will read your text messages. It's just hidden in the phone menu and you have to go into the message and hit the txt2speach button.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    I think if you're using an Android phone, the MIB system will read your text messages. It's just hidden in the phone menu and you have to go into the message and hit the txt2speach button.
    Will try that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast