Thread: 2023 Alltrack

Users Country Flag

2023 Alltrack

Hi folks. Have recently taken delivery of my new Alltrack Premium, replacing my 2018 Alltrack Wolfsburger.

Early thoughts are mixed. They have improved the ride quality on the softest setting, which I was hoping for as most of my driving is on rough regional roads. The 3D camera is new and not too bad, but Kia's is a lot better. VW included a beaut 5 year free servicing deal on orders before 31st March, now just lapsed. The engine is smoother and ultimately more powerful than the old 40TDI, but I really prefer how the little diesel pulls from any rev range up to 3000. Ventilated seats are good. They have gratefully retained the extending sun visors and rest for driver's right foot when using cruise control. New steering wheel is nicer. Sun blinds on rear side windows are another plus.

Downsides are: Seats are not as heavily bolstered as the Wolfie's, damn it. The temperature control knobs are gone, replaced by a shocking screen slider arrangement that demands that you take your eyes off the road. The lovely clock in centre dash is gone. They haven't corrected the sun glare on the drivers side rear vision mirror from the right hand side silver dash garnish. (As with the last one, I covered the strip with black matte contact.) They still have not padded the console near the driver's and passenger's knees, so I again siliconed zip-up pencil bags stuffed with washing sponges to each side - works very well, and should remove easily if required. Due to electric component shortages, the large orange blindspot monitor lights on the inside of the external mirrors are sadly gone. The speedo and rev counter can no longer be made smaller to increase the size of the nav. maps. The ventilation controls symbols are not always backlit and I cannot read them in most lights; I hope it's a glitch in mine only. I tried the new matrix LED lights on high beam, and promptly got an oncoming driver very upset. They may only work on "Auto" setting, something my Owners Manual may reveal when I eventually receive it. (The Polish one supplied with the car wasn't particularly helpful.......) Fuel consumption is way up on the diesel's long-term 5.8l/100km, as expected - it's around 8.5l/100km so far with gentle driving on country roads with 95 octane. They have changed the shape of the bum plastic, God only knows why. The panoramic sunroof comes standard now, so I will have to stuff a reflective blanket up there before next summer I suppose. The only standard paint colour is now Grey, white (my colour of choice) is metallic and extra cost. Brake pedal now has little initial feel. No increase in ride height yet, another 25mm would have helped on country roads and clearing gutters and wheel stops when parking, also when entering and exiting the car. I'm over 70 and starting to have trouble doing that. Next car may have to be an SUV with more ride height.

Update - the sunroof with blind definitely lets in a lot of heat on sunny days. I will have to fit a reflective shield up there, like I did on my Golf Alltrack.
    Last edited by ToomanyVWs; 25-04-2023 at 12:10 PM.