Thread: 2021 Alltrack Premium Navigation Question

2021 Alltrack Premium Navigation Question

Hi folks.

Just taken delivery of an Alltrack Premium and have a weird Navigation issue - the car seems to be set in a specific location so whenever I enter an address, it is trying to work out the directions from that location rather than from where I am. Hilariously - for those Perth folk - it thinks I'm on Rottnest Island and directs me to the ferry port first LOL (note - I am not on Rottnest) Any idea where the setting is to change this?

Cheers.
    HR...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HigherRide View Post
    Hi folks.

Just taken delivery of an Alltrack Premium and have a weird Navigation issue - the car seems to be set in a specific location so whenever I enter an address, it is trying to work out the directions from that location rather than from where I am. Hilariously - for those Perth folk - it thinks I'm on Rottnest Island and directs me to the ferry port first LOL (note - I am not on Rottnest) Any idea where the setting is to change this?

Cheers.
    HR...
    Check to see if it has anything in its route memory
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Pretty sure I cleared the one and only thing I put in there but will try that again. I just don't understand why it tries to start from that location rather than where I am and thought there was probably a setting somewhere ie from current location or from home.

Users Country Flag
    HAve you actually used it or is car brand new Sometimes you have to drive around a bit to get it to locate itself.

Also scroll it in to 100m or closer and then press the icon with the 4little points on it

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    HAve you actually used it or is car brand new Sometimes you have to drive around a bit to get it to locate itself.

Also scroll it in to 100m or closer and then press the icon with the 4little points on it
    The car is brand new and has now done around 300km. So it should find itself in that time. I'll do a bit of zooming and press the button you mentioned.

It is odd that every time I go to enter a new location, it defaults to Rottnest. Apart from "home" there are no other addresses or history set.

Users Country Flag
    The car is brand new and has now done around 300km. So it should find itself in that time. I'll do a bit of zooming and press the button you mentioned.

It is odd that every time I go to enter a new location, it defaults to Rottnest. Apart from "home" there are no other addresses or history set.
    Reset the "Home" setting but dont put your exact house in so that if it gets stolen they dont know where you live. I just put the corner of a close by street in as home.

Get the map up on your locality and then press that icon which centres car on map

Nothing seems to be helping this issue. He's going back to the dealer on Saturday (someone forgot to put in the rear blind etc when I traded my old one!!) so will ask. Fingers crossed they have a quick fix.

Quick enough fix. There was an error code on the system that appears to have "locked" the location to a shipping lane. So all was able to be fixed at the dealer. Yay!

Users Country Flag

Quick enough fix. There was an error code on the system that appears to have "locked" the location to a shipping lane. So all was able to be fixed at the dealer. Yay!
    Looks like they were a little lazy on the PDI...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)