Thread: 2015 B8 Highline TDI Wagon low suburban mileage or high highway mileage better?

Users Country Flag

2015 B8 Highline TDI Wagon low suburban mileage or high highway mileage better?

Hi,

My Passat was recently ridden off due to the storms/floods in sydney (water got in through the sunroof) so we are no looking to replace the car like for like.

I can see 3 cars which we like, all Highline wagon with R line and luxury packs on it.

Condition of all 3 is similar and 2 have good service history with the one with low milage getting the service done every 17months.

Only difference is the mileage. one is 35k, 92k and 115k. The higher kms is mainly highway driving and the 35k seems to be a mixture of suburban and highway.

Is it worth paying the extra 1-2k for the lower milage considering 115k is still considering a runin for diesel engines?

Cheers,

J
    Last edited by Johnte; 02-03-2020 at 06:51 AM. Reason: more info

It’s a big difference IMO. I’d go the lower kms
    MY14 MK VII GTI | Pure White | Manual | Bi-Xenons (his)
    MY19 B8 Passat 206TSI wagon | Manganese Grey (hers)

Users Country Flag
    It’s not just the motor. You’re talking ~80,000km difference on everything else as well.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    It’s not just the motor. You’re talking ~80,000km difference on everything else as well.
    But is it worth the 4-5k difference. That's the thing.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnte View Post
    But is it worth the 4-5k difference. That's the thing.
    how could I possibly answer that question without inspecting both vehicles and comparing their overall condition?

if it were my money, it’s not even a question I would bother asking. Personally, I wouldn’t even consider a vehicle of that age, with that many km’s, unless there were no other choices to consider first. There are so many good, low km vehicles on the market, (relatively) high km’s just brings added risk that isn’t worth taking IMO.
    Cheers