Thread: 132TSI Comfortline tail lights

Users Country Flag

132TSI Comfortline tail lights

Hi everyone.
    I’m in the middle of purchasing a 2018 Passat 132TSI Comfortline wagon. It has the R-Line package.
    My question is about the tail lights.
    I prefer the LED tail lights I have seen on the 140TDI Highline and 206TSI models - however the car I’m possibly purchasing has the standard tail lights.
    I have found them on eBay but in the description it specifically states in bold not for the 132TSI Comfortline models.
    Is it possible to change these? If so can someone point me in the right direction?
    I’ve been browsing the internet for hours and all I can seem to find are Golf and Jetta tail light options.

Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    Welcome to the world of Volkswagen!!!
    The Comfortline does have rear lights with LED technology.
    What is standard on the 140TDI, 206TSI and Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition is the Premium Rear Tail Lights LED (that is what you want).
    I have a feeling that the CCM or BCM would be different for the Premium rear tail lights, also if you were to purchase Genuine, it would cost an arm and a leg.
    I guess if the listing states "Not for 132TSI Comfortline models" in BOLD. It must not work...

What most Passat owners are now trying to do is change to the "new style" rear lights from the B8.5.
    Problem is the shape is "ever so slightly" different.
    But that does not appear to bother too many and the look is fantastic!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Hi

I was looking for it as well but was unable to find until i got web site call:
    PartsMatrix

I found led dynamic light but what is confusing for meis treir statement on website:
    ----
    ***For Highline, R-Line, Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition models***
    ***NOT for 132TSI or 132TSI Comfortline models***​​​​​​​
    ----

Now, I have 132 tsi comfortline r-line (full pack)...

Question: can i use or not that premium tail lights?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saint70; 12-04-2021 at 10:10 PM.
    2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Users Country Flag
    Pretty sure it has already been answered above...

The 132TSI / 132TSI Comfortline do not have Premium Rear Tail Lights LED.

From the ad, it looks like they are only selling the outer light assembly, not the inner also.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    More confusion...
    Email from part reseller:
    -----
    Thanks for your enquiry.

This item is suitable for your 132 tsi R-line if it looks the same to your existing one.

Don't worry, you will get fully refunded if you couldn't fit and return it to us as new as per our return policy.

We are really sorry. We don't have the part go on trunk.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

---+

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Users Country Flag

Nothing confusing mate...

They are selling the Premium Rear Tail Lights LED (which you do not have).

From the ad, they only selling the outer light assemblies, not the whole inner / outer assembly.