Thread: 120K Major Service Costs

Users Country Flag

120K Major Service Costs

Hi all,
    I've just been quoted by VW Village for the 120Kservice minus belt and water pump for $1100.

This seems ratherexcessive. Has anyone recently done their 120k service in the last 12months?
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    I just did mine at BWA, for just over $1100 including a DSG service, so it seems about right

Users Country Flag
    Mine is booked in for it's 48 month/60k km service in a few weeks. That is the price. The 120k is the same service, just double interval.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    Mine is booked in for it's 48 month/60k km service in a few weeks. That is the price. The 120k is the same service, just double interval.
    Thanks for clarifying. I was just suprised as when I put in the service VW Liverpools website, it came to $1007. I was expecting them VW Village to be $100-200 cheaper. Maybe there's some additional stuff they do that VW Liverpool doesn't

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnte View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I was just suprised as when I put in the service VW Liverpools website, it came to $1007. I was expecting them VW Village to be $100-200 cheaper. Maybe there's some additional stuff they do that VW Liverpool doesn't
    Check the fine print. Some dealerships list brake fluid and cabin filters etc as “additional” and dont form part of the price you have been quoted by VW. Mazda is especially cheeky with this.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    I had the 7 year 105k service done and it cost $1500 including the belt and water pump done at the same time. 7 years is the belt and pump time. 8 years is the DSG service one.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnte View Post
    Hi all,
    I've just been quoted by VW Village for the 120Kservice minus belt and water pump for $1100.

This seems ratherexcessive. Has anyone recently done their 120k service in the last 12months?
    Cheers
    Yes sounds about right as I got mine 120k service done at VW in Castle Hill
    and it was just a few bucks cheaper so about the same price as $1100.