Thread: Worn leather seats 125TDI Wagon 2011

Users Country Flag

Worn leather seats 125TDI Wagon 2011

Hi all

Got a Passat 125 TDI Highline Wagon B7 variant with heated leather seats. The car has done 110,000 kms and is fantastic except the foam in the seats feels like we are sitting on the ground. The leather is still in very good condition. We are planning a long trip in December and the idea of sitting on a rock hard seat for 10+ hours is making my back sore before I start. We plan to hand over the car to my daughter at some stage so I don't think replacing them is warranted unless just the base can be done? Otherwise I assume they can't be reconditioned - new foam or something? Otherwise cushion inserts is probably the cheapest option?

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Dougstar _ Melb, VIC

Users Country Flag
    You can check seat price on wreckers...maybe is not so expensive. I wonder if you can fit rline passat seats...that would be really nice.
    For reconditioned seats cost, hard to says...maybe someone else can help.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Users Country Flag
    Try an upholsterer We have just had some chairs recovered and firmer foam put in and the difference is remarkable.

A place that rebuilds old cars may have some ideas as they replace the upholstery and the seats
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

It could be the foam inserts on your seat or springs and/or brackets on the underside of the seat.
    Best option is to seek the advice from an auto upholsterer as they will be able to inspect and inform you what course of action to take.

Having the foam seat cushion replace is a simple process as the leather seat cover is just that, seat covers which come off over the seat frame.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI