Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Upgrading and re-cording CANBUS gateway

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by sn809 View Post
    Lol, I didn't even know a wireless option existed, if I would want anything it would be wireless android
    Running a cable to the back is not too difficult. Just remember to remove all the tabs that state airbag first as some of them have a torx screw behind them.

Dynamic parking line handle camera VW PQ or MQB Passat Jetta Tiguan RCD330 plus | eBay

This is the camera I got, got the RCD330 from the same guy with the K0 series canbus as a package to save on shipping. Has yellow lines that move with steering. Seems good enough for day to day, as some one said I not going to be shooting the next blockbuster on it.
    Can you be a more specific about those Airbag tags? Not sure which location they suppose to be in.

Thanks for the car head unit link though those cameras (according to the description) will not fit my car/head unit. They're priced quite reasonably but I think the RCD510 requires RGB format for the rear view camera.
    2006 VW Passat Sedan 3.2lt AXZ, FSI 4motion, another milestone - 350K ... and still going

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Navman View Post
    Getting the updated gateway installed and "in order" seem to have fixed any possible battery drain problems thus far. The radio is working well ... but a bit of a disappointment. Mind you after almost 3 years laying in box I could probably afford to buy the RNS530 now for the price I've paid (3 yrs ago) for the RCD510.

But even with 510 I don't have a camera installed so this capability (for now) is being wasted. The rear (pop up) cameras are still fetching around A$200 plus I'd probably be looking at getting the wireless sender so I don't have to run wires all the way to the front of the car. I think some kind of video converter is also needed for this to work wirelessly so it all adds up.
    Dont try and waste youre time with wireless. Had this version:

175 Degree MCCD Fisheye 12LED HD Rear View Camera For Volkswagen VW Passat B6 CC Touran Caddy Golf Plus Touareg 2009 2010 Car|Vehicle Camera| - AliExpress

Sometimes it didnt work because of other frequencys around you and and and.

End of story i installed a wire for the camera.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Exili123 View Post
    Dont try and waste youre time with wireless. Had this version:

175 Degree MCCD Fisheye 12LED HD Rear View Camera For Volkswagen VW Passat B6 CC Touran Caddy Golf Plus Touareg 2009 2010 Car|Vehicle Camera| - AliExpress

Sometimes it didnt work because of other frequencys around you and and and.

End of story i installed a wire for the camera.
    Good to know - thanks.
    2006 VW Passat Sedan 3.2lt AXZ, FSI 4motion, another milestone - 350K ... and still going

Providing the most secure systems for the public as meter box lock are for homes .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234