Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips when searching for used by Passat v6

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    It's not a hard cut off.
    But basically anything from 2010 on has been through a number of revisions of the mechatronics and are generally very reliable when it comes to dq250.
    Dq200 are not the same.
    Thanks!

How would I know if it's a dq200 transmission when inspecting a car?

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by disco__dave View Post
    Thanks!

How would I know if it's a dq200 transmission when inspecting a car?

Cheers

Only the lower power fours used the dq200. I had a 2006 Jetta 147 and it had the dq250

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Dq200 is in the 1.8l petrol Passat.
    Diesel and vr6 are dq250.
    Dq200 has 7 speeds, dq250 has 6.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Perfect, thanks so much for your advice, that's very reassuring as I'm looking for the v6, which always appears to use the 6 speed.

Cheers Tips when searching for used by Passat v6

Users Country Flag
    Try to get a car with everything except the panoramic sunroof...

The curtain on the pano is fragile and $1800 to replace/fix... The roof squeaks and rattles anyway...

I reversed out of my driveway whilst opening the sunroof and blind on one of the 46 degree days in feb (to get the heat out), as the the car twisted the metal tapes (that carry the blind in the tracks) binded and jammed, clack clack clak busted.

I went the winter without the blind, got to get it fixed now... grrrr:mad:

I like the v6, it is a sweet thing, and although I didnt know what i was missing with my first one (it didn't have the cruise/ lane keep tech etc) i certainly like the auto cruise now it is on this second car. Dynaudio is worth it as well...

(I really got to update my signature)

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Hey, are the gearboxes interchangable? If i have a 7 speed dq200 can I fit the 6 speed box and are the wiring the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    No the plug is different and dq250 also has a Kline to the ecu.
    It would be probably possible with custom TCU and ecu software, like what's done with dq500 swaps.
    Fitment I'm not too sure on but again probably would need to check if you needed to swap subframe, starter motor, driveshafts etc
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Another reason that you can’t use the DQ200 7 speed DSG is that it is only rated for engines with up to 250Nm, whereas the DQ250 6 speed DSG is rated for high torque diesel and V6 engines above 250Nm. The 3.6 VR6 engine in the R36 has 350Nm.
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC with Front Assist, RVC, BT 9w7, Factory Tint and Factory Towbar
    Night Blue MY15.5 Golf GTI Performance
    Options: Black Vienna Leather, DAP II, Panoramic Sunroof and Voice Control (every box ticked.)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by prn31 View Post
    Another reason that you can’t use the DQ200 7 speed DSG is that it is only rated for engines with up to 250Nm, whereas the DQ250 6 speed DSG is rated for high torque diesel and V6 engines above 250Nm. The 3.6 VR6 engine in the R36 has 350Nm.
    I think he's talking about a dq250 upgrade from dq200.
    I've not heard of them, normally it's an upgrade from dq250 to dq500 to handle power upgrades.

I think he's talking about a dq250 upgrade from dq200.
    I've not heard of them, normally it's an upgrade from dq250 to dq500 to handle power upgrades.
    Correct, was hoping to change gearbox to the DSG 6 speed from the R36 for my mum’s golf where the box has just died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12