Thread: Timing Belt/Water Pump Recommendations

Users Country Flag

Post Timing Belt/Water Pump Recommendations

Hi Guys,

I have 2012 VW CC 125TDI with 112k on the clock.

I noticed a coolant leak has developed from what I presume is the water pump and figured it is time to do the timing belt change as well.

I am looking for a workshop that can change these parts over without charging me an inflated amount. I understand that a fair bit of work goes into the repair so I know it will not be cheap either way.

If anyone has a suggested workshop, preferably in the Chadstone/Clayton area that would be great. Also I'd be happy to know how much I can expect to pay, roughly?

Thanks,

Users Country Flag
    Hit up Volkwerke. I havent personally delt with them yet as iv only just purchased my R36, but they have been looking after the car witht he previous owner for a few years. They are in Doncaster but iv been chatting to them via email and Dean has been super helpful in quoting me up for services that i may require.

Users Country Flag
    Hi RonaldFc, you've probably had the work done but I would gladly recommend Auto Union Deutsche in Oakleigh. I had my timing belt changed a couple of months ago for just under $1400 if I recall. That included the water pump as well.

Users Country Flag
    I bought my contitech waterpump and belt from ebay was a bargain!

Timing belt change for my 2011 Passat

Then my local indy only charged me like $330 to do the labour so was just under $700 (I supplied coolant)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
    I bought my contitech waterpump and belt from ebay was a bargain!

Timing belt change for my 2011 Passat

Then my local indy only charged me like $330 to do the labour so was just under $700 (I supplied coolant)
    I hope your water pump won’t start leaking before you need the timing belt again.

Users Country Flag

Also worth a check of the harmonic balancer rubber donut. If the coolant has sat on it for any length of time, due to the water pump leaking, it will denature the rubber and the part will fail.
    MY09 Golf Candy White 2.0 TDI Pacific
    MY95 Golf III TDI