Thread: Swapping parts between B6's

Users Country Flag

Question Swapping parts between B6's

Morning All!!

As the title explains, i have 2 B6's.

I'm hoping to salvage the fully electric seats and auto fold mirrors and fit them to the other car.

Do i need to remove any other modules / controllers associated to these two parts or is it just a matter of swapping them and then getting them coded into the car so they're operational?

The donor car is a MY08 125kw.
    The receiver is a MY10 125kw. Not sure if that makes any difference, just thought i'd add it for good measure

Thanks in advance!
    Mine: MY10 B6 Passat Wagon Highline Granite Green. Upgrades: Roofracks and Child restraints.
    Hers: MY12 B7 Passat Sedan Highline Silver. Upgrades: Child Restraints
    Dead: MK4 '99 Golf - Engine Dying, B6 MY08 Passat Sedan - Blown Engine.

Users Country Flag
    With the seats just take the seat control modules under the seat as well as the wiring harness.
    For the folding mirrors you would normally need the door control modules. But as the donor is MY08 they will be gen3 max modules. The MY10 will be Gen4. So should only need to be coded (as long as they are not gen4 MIN)
    Before binning it take all 4 door control modules just in case (as the config changes with Gen3 to Gen4 where the newer ones have the rears as LIN slaves of the front door control modules).
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks Heaps!
    Mine: MY10 B6 Passat Wagon Highline Granite Green. Upgrades: Roofracks and Child restraints.
    Hers: MY12 B7 Passat Sedan Highline Silver. Upgrades: Child Restraints
    Dead: MK4 '99 Golf - Engine Dying, B6 MY08 Passat Sedan - Blown Engine.