Thread: Start stop function...

Users Country Flag

Start stop function...

Hi guys...
    I just nees information about start stop function on passat from 2012 onwards...
    I read lot article and some say that function can lead faster engine wear. So, many user disabling that option before drive.
    Some people are happy due saving fuel...
    Anybody who want to share experience about it?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Users Country Flag
    I don't like how it starts the engine when you take the foot off the brake. I prefer the Golf's start on accelerator method. Wish I knew how to make that happen on the Passat...Hmmm...DV52?

Yes, I tend to turn off the function. Canberra is "too small" to take advantage of this feature. ie. Our traffic light wait times aren't long enough to justify the wear/tear.

Not sure how much fuel I save (if I did), but the Passat Alltrack MY13 is averaging 7.6L/100km...(55,000 on the odometer)

Users Country Flag
    I tend to switch off the stop/start for every trip as I don't tend to travel in stop start commutes and I am also concerned by the potential wear of repeated cycles to the starter and engine internals. The restart tends to be a coarse and uncouth.

On those rare occasions I am unlucky enough to get stuck in bad stop start traffic jams, I may activate it.

Users Country Flag
    You can change the default from active to inactive with this module.
    it work perfect and very easy to install it. 3 wires that attach to the Start-Stop switch and that's all

VW,Audi,Seat,Skoda Start/Stop Function Auto Off | eBay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHc4...m-upload_owner

I've recently bought a 2013 Passat 130 TDI and successfully de-activated the stop/start by just removing the individual connector on the battery terminal.
    See post in another forum: disable start stop...without recoding - VW Golf R MK7 Chat - VWROC - VW R Owners Club

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by befau View Post
    I've recently bought a 2013 Passat 130 TDI and successfully de-activated the stop/start by just removing the individual connector on the battery terminal.
    See post in another forum: disable start stop...without recoding - VW Golf R MK7 Chat - VWROC - VW R Owners Club
    Yes, and you have a yellow warning on the dash about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Yes, and you have a yellow warning on the dash about it.
    Nope. No yellow warning, just white symbol on MFD whenever you stop (disappears as soon as you drive off again). You can always press the Start/Stop button to turn that off.
    It does not bother me at all, where as having to turn that crap off everytime I start the engine is way worse (but each to their own I guess).