Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Snerlo's R36 DRL Mk2 Installation

Users Country Flag

Well I was wrong... These new DRL lights do require a 12v power source. Fuse location #33 in the engine bay fuse box is an ignition fuse so I tapped that. They don't dim which is disappointing so I may install a control box for that. We'll see if I can be bothered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snerlo's R36 DRL Mk2 Installation

A quick question if I may about these blinkers, the originals that is. It seems there is only half of the fitting used at all and this is only for the blinkers? Is there supposed to be something else in the factory bumper mounted blinkers or is this space just for other models? Half the lens is clear so I assume there is something else supposed to be in there? This pic below shows what I mean well. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Screwdriverone; 27-04-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Users Country Flag
    There's meant to be LEDs in there, just like the inner tails where there is a mount for them just the holes haven't been drilled out

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kamold; 27-04-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Wheres the best spot to connect the ground wire - any suggestions? I have a red, black and blue wire. I suspect blue goes to the parkers for dimming.
    Last edited by yeders; 12-03-2020 at 01:41 AM.

Users Country Flag

There are ground points in the engine bay, just have a look behind the headlights a bit lower down.
    Yes the dimmer wire needs to tap the parkers.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112