Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snerlo's R36 DRL Mk2 Installation

Users Country Flag

which circuit did you guys get your 12v power from?
    My chinglish instructions have it going to the cigarette lighter on the interior fuse box.
    Looks like the engine bay fuse box could be a better option.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Gotta go internal mate. I dont think that any of the fuses are switched in the engine bay. I went and piggy backed a fuse at the drivers side end of the dash. You can buy piggy back fuses from jaycar. Easiest way to do it. You come through a hole where the clutch would be in a manual car.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    Cool thanks.
    Tested the dimming, it actually works fine.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    I have these DRL and I know exactly how they work.

Did you notice that every time you turn the ignition on the parker LEDs will blink a couple of times?(My MY10 does and oversea MY09 onwards does)

And these DRL turn on when the ignition is on, so when the parker blinks, the DRL will dim a few times as the parker blinks.
    Last edited by Passat R36; 20-12-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    That's the bcm testing the circuits. It's expecting filament globes so pulses the globe to test continuity with low voltage. It's enough to turn on an led. You should see the tails on my octy at startup, its like a disco!

Users Country Flag
    thats right. so if you connect the DRL's dim wire to parker, expecting the DRL will dim a few times.
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Hey Snerlo. Looks good!

Could you post a link to the site - definitely interested in these.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    Look the goods. That is one of the things on my to do list!
    2008 Passat Wagon - 125 TDI - Black on Black - All stock, for now!

Users Country Flag

I took a shthouse video of them in operation.
    Its on the facetube:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast