Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaun's salvage R36 wagon

Users Country Flag

Yep it's certainly a possibility.
    All used to work ok?
    Wheel been off for any reason?
    Any fault codes from steering wheel control module?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    no idea if it worked before or has been removed previously.
    im not getting any codes on the torque app but ive been holding back pulling it apart till my obdeleven turns up so i can do a proper scan, should be there soon.
    VW rides: 04 R5 touareg (wifes), 05 R5 touareg (sold), 05 Passat sedan v6 (sold), 2010 r36 wagon, 68 beetle (sold)

other rides: 00 Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja, Renault sport 225

Users Country Flag
    There is a guy here in Sydney who is wrecking a couple of R36s if you want a replacement. The 2010 has the clockspring integrated with the stalks and steering wheel control module.
    Previously the clockspring was a separate part.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

so i had a headlight out.
    pulled the bumper and swapped the bulbs, and the previously dead one lit up.

no worries, went to shop and got a new pair, fitted and tested- all good.

refitted bumper and drove it outside had the lights on and after a few mins the previously dead one was looking quite dull after it had heated up fully. turned it off.

let it cool down overnight and turned the lights back on this morning and the light is still dull.

more than likely a dodgey ballast you think?
    VW rides: 04 R5 touareg (wifes), 05 R5 touareg (sold), 05 Passat sedan v6 (sold), 2010 r36 wagon, 68 beetle (sold)

Users Country Flag
    Yeah sounds like it

Hi Guys, this has been dormant while I finished an rx8 project.

So I finally got all this issues sorted! Much relief.
    2nd hand clock spring courtesy of Nick, got that dialled in eventually.

Was still intermittently self revving, only showing a fuel pressure sensor too high fault, replaced the sensor and still there.

Decided I was in fact human and I should recheck my work with the manifold etc.

Found a pinched rubber on the 3rd intake gasket, one of the upside down ones.

Running Ike a champ now.

Swapped out a DS ballast, all good.

Started pre detailing, lots of sooty black marks that stand out like gods balls when close.

Washed multiple times, clay barred and no budging. What did work was workshop degreaser on a microfibre rag, hand rubbing till gone then washing again to remove residue.

Will proceed to full detail soon.

Still Have 2 new tyres to fit, michlin pilot sport 4 235/40/18

Then respray the rims, fix gutter rash.

Sounds like you got yourself a cheap R36!

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Yeah, it's shaping up to be a good gamble.

I would definitely say I've been lucky on it so far.

Really looking forward to putting a few kms down after all this work!

went over the repairable pits today, no issues. all good.
    booked in for normal pits tomorrow, should be all good.

did have a small issue with my DS HID bulb not seating correctly and popping out.

turned out the lock ring fingers where not seating properly, had to press down on it firmly while twisting the ring to get it to snug behind the shoulder.

after a few goes at it now im down to about 5 mins to pop off half the front bumper and get the headlight out! such a pain....

i do love the setup on my touareg, pretty user friendly which is good because they tend to go through bulbs haha

over the normal pits today and all good. finally able to enjoy the beast. got some plates on it now.

and dont worry i will post some pics! (isnt real till pics haha)

Im pretty particular about my detailing so im throw some up for show and tell when ive put a day into it with the detailing equipment. ive got the full suite here.

couple initial points:
    i really like the ride dynamics, bloody excellent for a wagon.

this is my first DSG car, i think if you always have in the back of you mind that its a manual your fine, we have Scania trucks at work that are automatically controlled manuals and if you keep that in consideration they dont do silly things.

its freshly serviced by myself and doing everything it supposed to when its supposed to (from my 1 vehicle DSG data set...nerd joke...)

unsure of software upgrades and version, have not thought to look at any of that yet. i suppose i can read that with obdeleven....

the VR6 is crisp and responsive, i can see why you all want a little more noise, such a sweet note but muted from factory.

did a long run and averaged about 9.5l/100kms on the freeway doing 110kph.

normal's around town 13 i guess?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast