Thread: Roof lining & Interior motor trimmer needed (Melbourne)

Users Country Flag

Roof lining & Interior motor trimmer needed (Melbourne)

Hi All,

My R36 has the dreaded seat bolsters disintegration problem, the alcantra is shiny and the roof lining is falling away, all of which need to be fixed.

Wondering if anyone here has taken their R36 to a really good quality motor trimmer to have any interior work done?
    I’m based in Melbourne , and prefer Northern suburbs or CBD location

Im a fussy owner, so quality factory looking repairs are what I’m chasing.

thanks all
    G
    R36 | Biscay Blue, Jetta V GT (Golf GTi with a boot really), Touareg T5 Luxury (300,000 K's and going strong)

Users Country Flag
    I'm in Brisbane and had a mobile roof repairer come out to my house a couple of years ago. They were able to match the fabric and it all looks factory - I actually forgot all about it until reading this thread!

The seats are starting to sag now (mostly in the back), so will be looking for someone also.

Edit: I just looked it up and I used a site called Repair Bull in 2020 - who seem to just use local contractors. FWIW - it was $690 total for roof lining and sunroof surround
    Last edited by nermal; 05-06-2022 at 08:03 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hey nermal, that is so good of you and yeah i can see the website and looks like they are in Melbourne, thansk heaps !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    R36 | Biscay Blue, Jetta V GT (Golf GTi with a boot really), Touareg T5 Luxury (300,000 K's and going strong)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by garronleslie View Post
    Hey nermal, that is so good of you and yeah i can see the website and looks like they are in Melbourne, thansk heaps !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Y'know what the funny thing is... we just got our 2008 125TDI back from the workshop and I looked up to see the liner is sagging on that one now =D

Just got another quote from repair bull and the price is the same - booking it in to get fixed.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon