Thread: Retrofit xenon lights

Users Country Flag

Retrofit xenon lights

Is it possible to retrofit xenon lights from a B7 Passat that has them to one that didn't?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloanie View Post
    Is it possible to retrofit xenon lights from a B7 Passat that has them to one that didn't?
    It is possible but not necessarily legal as they have to have washers and auto levellers.

To do it properly is about $4000AU

They also have swivels in the light units so dont know how you would go with wiring etc.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was more plug and play.

I thought supernova might have an option for a plug and play LED set up, but they've only got those for Golfs.

Have a look at (for example) Mars Performance's options to see if anything tickles your fancy.
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!

Users Country Flag

You can just buy a Canbus compatible HID kit which will include HID bulbs, Canbus adapter, wiring and ballasts (i had a Morimoto HID kit in my Mk6 Golf GTI and they were great quality = approx $250 from memory) and they will be fine.

Not technically "legal" because they aren't factory fitted and don't have the headlight washers etc, but honestly the changes of getting busted are so ridiculously small (especially considering how many bogan chariots (utes) have cheap and nasty HID kits these days which blind the hell out of you as they come the other way) when done properly and when using a good quality kit.

Link to Morimoto HID kits: Spot light and headlight HID kits

Canbus adapters: Wire Harnesses : Can-Bus: Morimoto Standalone
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 10-03-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler