Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing rear brake pads causes EPB fault

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    You can use the newer 3AA part, it's a supersession from the 3C0 part. Anything up to 3AA907801J.
    Cheers kamold, I'm hoping to p/u used one (happens to be same revision) tomorrow as I surely don't want to spend $1350 plus GST for a new one from VW.
    2006 VW Passat Sedan 3.2lt AXZ, FSI 4motion, 317k

Users Country Flag
    The 3C0 parts are prone to failure. The superceding 3AA part is what I'd go for.
    Last edited by kamold; 08-04-2021 at 08:15 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

The 3C0 parts are prone to failure. The superceding 3AA part is what I'd go for.

I see, just a pity that there isn't one of those newer ones around ATM. Buying this (old one) is hand since it's "local pickup" so I can get my hands on it straight away. Otherwise I gotta wait for the item to be posted (maybe from o/s?). After driving with this constant loud ding dong alarm bell I reckon I need to get my ears checked out. I've only driven the car like that a couple of times but still. I was a bit concerned that this fault might also affect things like the ABS or the stability control but there was no light indication on the dashboard those weren't working.

So, I p/u the module today, it's the same part number but the revision is different - still it should work. Unfortunately, so far I only succeeded in creating more faults than before. Firstly, I've gone from 1 EPB control module fault to 5 because now both left & right motors are causing faults.

Also ABS, stability control, EPC, etc. etc. There are so many guides out there on "how to" that I'm not really clear which one should be followed. The rear EPB motors have come up (I think) because they're not coded to the ABS module? For whatever reason the VCDS will not allow me to code the control module to 0000012 - parking brake with auto-hold. It comes back with this error message: coding rejected, error 22 condition not correct or request sequence error. Does this operation required security pin? One is mentioned somewhere in Ross-Tech guide but I'll be damned if I can find it now.

The only good thing that happened is the ding dong alarm has stopped however only the left motor operated from time to time but not both. I've driven the vehicle around the block and let it stand & tried to clear the codes - no good. Not sure whether now I should try disconnecting the battery for 10min, trying to clear the codes and see if that works?

Here is the screen shot of the dashboard ATM - even the tire pressure fault has now appeared.

Replacing rear brake pads causes EPB fault-20210408_225129-jpg

I turns out - even though the EPB Control Module has the same part number it comes from a non-rear EPB car (2Lt TDI model). I'm curious if despite that it still could be coded to work in my car? Has anyone had any experience with that?

Users Country Flag
    Post the actual faults from VCDS.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Post the actual faults from VCDS.
    I run the software on a laptop and will have to re-run & save the faults list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12