Thread: Replacement shocks for 2011 VW Passat Wagon TDI

Users Country Flag

Replacement shocks for 2011 VW Passat Wagon TDI

Our 2011 VW 125TDI is coming up to 95k kays and I feel as though the front shocks are at the end of their life and I get a knocking noise from rear passenger side on rough roads.

We had purchased the car with 80k kays from QLD and it had a lot of red dust in engine bay and in door jambs etc so I'm guessing she's seen some rough rd's in her life..

I was looking at bilstein B4's F&R do you guys reccomend new shock mounts and any other asociated parts?

Bilstein B4 shock absorber front+REAR VW PASSAT Variant (365) B 4St | eBay

Also looking for feedback on what other owners went for regarding new shocks I see the sachs shock are cheap (guessing oem)

Finally do the B7 pasat wagon and sedans share the same shock F&R?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Got the bilstein B4's for $378 delivered courtesy of ebay 10% all item code redemption.

I'll be sure to update this thread with a mini review once fitted

Users Country Flag
    Keep us up to date on the install mate!
    Can't go wrong with Bilstein products..
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Got the new shocks installed today and wow what a difference!

I had always been dissapointed with the handling/body roll of the passat and the oem shocks with 90k kays seemed to dive a lot under braking... The new bilstein b4 shocks totally transformed the car its the best $6-700 Ive spent and the oem sachs werent even blown but damn they were soft and rubbish!

I thoroughly recommend buying from the ebay seller in my OP, and swapping out the oem shocks!

Users Country Flag

Hi, do you still have the link on the seller? Also how’s the shocks going? Any part number you can share please? Thanks