Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing windscreen washer bottle Passat B6

Users Country Flag

Removing windscreen washer bottle Passat B6

Need to either replace the while thing or change the motor - has anyone done this? Does the b/bar has to come off to do this job?
    2006 VW Passat Sedan 3.2lt AXZ, FSI 4motion, another milestone - 350K ... and still going

Users Country Flag
    Motor you can do, just by removing a couple of plastic covers underneath.

The whole bottle requires removing the bumper, which isn't fun on these.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Motor you can do, just by removing a couple of plastic covers underneath.

The whole bottle requires removing the bumper, which isn't fun on these.
    I see, so from what you say it appears that replacing motor only requires removal of the wheel arch dust covers. That should be easily doable.
    2006 VW Passat Sedan 3.2lt AXZ, FSI 4motion, another milestone - 350K ... and still going

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Navman View Post
    I see, so from what you say it appears that replacing motor only requires removal of the wheel arch dust covers. That should be easily doable.
    Yes. It's easy. Just remove the inner plastic upper and lower guards to access the washer motor. My pump died as well. I always feel more comfortable when the new part has an updated part number. My old pump had part number 1T0 955 651 made by VDO. The new one is 1K5 955 651 made by Continental.

It looks like this.

Removing windscreen washer bottle Passat B6-img_8482-jpg
    2007 Passat B6 3.2 litre V6 4Motion | Granite Grey | standard 17" Solitude wheels | tow bar
    Mods: R36 steering wheel | HP DQ250 DSG tune | HPA Haldex performance controller | Koni sports yellow shocks | Eibach springs | H&R sway bars | Whiteline ALK | Kufatec E-MFA add on | Garage door button | Warning triangle retrofit | Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s

Quote Originally Posted by 3C4M Guy View Post
    Yes. It's easy. Just remove the inner plastic upper and lower guards to access the washer motor. My pump died as well. I always feel more comfortable when the new part has an updated part number. My old pump had part number 1T0 955 651 made by VDO. The new one is 1K5 955 651 made by Continental.

It looks like this.
    Thanks 3C4M Guy, my w/s washer bottle looks different but probably the motor is the same.

Thanks 3C4M Guy, my w/s washer bottle looks different but probably the motor is the same.
    Actually. it was the same as 3C4M Guy's unfortunately I broke the small plastic locking tab. Has anyone done that? I'm guessing now I can't buy just the locking tab anywhere?

Actually. it was the same as 3C4M Guy's unfortunately I broke the small plastic locking tab. Has anyone done that? I'm guessing now I can't buy just the locking tab anywhere?
    Take the part to the company, you will be surprised what you can get from them. I believe if you save money by doing the labor, you may as well get OEM/genuine parts/lubricants etc from a good source.

For generic plastic trim ebay might be fine but delivery times will be variable (read will take very long)

Quote Originally Posted by sn809 View Post
    Take the part to the company, you will be surprised what you can get from them. I believe if you save money by doing the labor, you may as well get OEM/genuine parts/lubricants etc from a good source.

For generic plastic trim ebay might be fine but delivery times will be variable (read will take very long)
    Which company - did you mean VW? VDO?

VW parts of course

Quote Originally Posted by sn809 View Post
    VW parts of course
    Copy. Although my, limited (thank God) experience with Oz VW spares is if you need for example a PCV valve diaphragm you'd probably need to buy the whole rocker cover. I doubt then they'd have just the locking tab on it's own but ... I will check it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast