Thread: rear end creaking sound R36 sedan

rear end creaking sound R36 sedan

Hi, has anyone got a idea about a creaking sound in my rear end / suspension that has just come about ? It seems to be when the car is been mobile for a while and hot and at low speeds, especially over speed humps or uneven surfaces.
    I have Bilstein B8 shocks. when car is cold I push down on rear end to listen for creaking. Cold = no noise. Hot / warm = creaking noise. Could it be the rear shocks, upper mount or what ? Any ideas would be great

Users Country Flag
    I posted something like this about my AWD CC several months ago. After MUCH ANNOYANCE we've sort of figured out that it isn't the suspension as first believed, and isn't the fuel tank, but rather something rubbing in the back seat that I haven't had a chance to properly investigate (I'll have to sit back there while missus drives over a bumpy road).

I suggest you get under the car (safely) and push / pull things to see if you can find the source, particularly after a drive. At one point I believed it was my fuel tank coz that makes some noise if pushed in the belly of it. Ideally, get it on a drive-on hoist, with someone bouncing on the door sill with their bodyweight nearest that corner while another is under listening. It can be a real hassle to find.

Users Country Flag
    Wagon? Look at the rear seat latch mechanisms. Possibly need a small amount of lube.

Users Country Flag
    Could be dry suspension bushes too. If it is happening when you push on it from the outside it sounds like it is suspension related. Good luck finding it.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Thanks for responses guys !

bad bush, fixed the problem !